Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Increase from August

Options
  • 09-06-2022 1:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Anyone get this email from eir today ?

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Account: xxxxxxxxxx

Dear xxxxxxxx,

In light of the significant and continued investment in our fibre and mobile network and the rising cost of inflation, we are writing to let you know of some changes to your eir service(s).

• The monthly charge of your eir plan will increase by €5 per month (you can view your current price on your latest bill). You will see this change from your first bill after 1st August 2022.
    • Going forward, from April of each year, the monthly price of your plan (excluding any discounts) will increase by the annual Consumer Price Index rate published in January of that year plus an additional 3%.

• From January 2023 we will upgrade our billing systems to further improve services for our customers, which will include changes to general fees and charges as outlined in the table below. We will remind you of these changes shortly before they are implemented.

General Fee & Charge changes

Paper bill €5.99 per month or per one off reprint

Online billing via email and my eir Remains Free of Charge

Payment via Call Centre agent €5.99

Payment via direct debit, credit or debit card or instore Remains Free of Charge

Late or missed payment fee €18.45

We value your loyalty and hope that you will continue to enjoy your eir service. However, you can cancel your service without penalty by calling us on 1800 303 592 by 11th July 2022.

We're open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5:30pm and a member of our team will be available to assist you.

To help you to understand what this means, FAQs are available at eir.ie/p-update

If you re-contracted to a new eir 2022 plan since the 25th May this notification is not relevant to you.

Yours sincerely,

the eir team

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭piplip87

Fantastic news. Hopefully I get that email so I can change provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭heavydawson

Theres something very twisted about basing your annual price increases on CPI + X%, when that X% will be a factor itself in the CPI increases for the following year. It's an almost self-sustaining increase.....

• Registered Users Posts: 82,247 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I suppose Virgin led this last month and all will now follow.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Nice of them to still let you view your bill for free

2 rises in the space of 9 months followed by increased general fees, yikes!

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Roxxers

horrible company left them for everything and its great

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Virgin were not ther first to do this....Vodafone have had it for 6 months at least on their mobile plans

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TheGlossy

No. I'm an Eir client, didn't get this. Are you sure this is legit?

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭martin6651

I got it as well

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭TheGlossy

Good to know. I did a recontract in March, maybe that's the reason, but I don't think so because they increase my fee in August last year when I was halfway through my first 12 months contract with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Indestructable

I hate this inflation plus 3% lark now.

What is Vodafone and Virgin, is it the same model and percentage? I imagine Sky will follow suit.

TV and other mobile providers too. It's rough.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭WTF...

I moved to Eir a few months ago and signed up to the Broadband 500Mb deal. €39.99 per month for 24 months. Yesterday I got a notification that the cost is increasing by €5 from Aug. They’re still advertising this deal on their website for €39.99.

I presume the agreement I signed is now null and void??

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Stillnotworking

Just phoned Eir to cancel / get out of my contract early and their Loyalty team waived the increase for the rest of my contract. No wait time on the freephone number and no challenge to get the waiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

I think they send an email very similar to this often within a couple of months of you signing up. It is a cute hure move where they hoik you in with a rate that is slightly less than everyone else and then they bum you up by a fiver. I believe it can only be around a fiver without falling foul of some regulation but outside the contract they're free to bring you up to 67 a month as they did to me before I left the phuqqers.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

Whats the phone number for loyalty team,please?

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Stillnotworking

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

Nice one👍

• Registered Users Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Signed up in late March got a €100 cash back. According to Charlie Weston in the RTE clip customers are free to move as the price hike constitutes a breach of contract. I'm just wondering would they try to claw back the cash back. I haven't gotten any email from them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Melted

That inflation must be hitting them hard.

Whats their profits at I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 conorking

It is a breach of their contract, and that’s why you are allowed to exit (prematurely) or continue and accept the new pricing basis.

I have the same package. I’m wondering if I cancel the contract, do I need to return the Apple TV? Would I have had to return it after the 24 month period anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 conorking

I just phoned eir (less than 1 minute wait). Spoke to the customer care representative. He acknowledged this was a breach of contract by eir and we were being given the option to exit the contract. I told him I want them to honour the contract and apply a €5 discount to my monthly bill for the remainder of my 24 month contract (still 16 months to go). He had to get “authorisation” but effectively agreed without any resistance. In fact, the €5 discount will kick in immediately even though the increase doesn’t kick in until 1 August (minor win!)

He said he’ll send out email confirmation of this agreement with me. Plus he confirmed the calls are recorded and I can get access to the recording following a GDPR request (if I need it).

Win!

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭GalwayMan74

I signed a 24 month contract with eir at 9.30am last week and at 4pm I got this email.

de neeeeeeeeckkkkkk

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭ClaudeVercetti

I got the same, hike came in and just got the first bill with the new increase - the only thing for me is I live in a rural area where Eir is the only half decent coverage so I don't have a lot of options elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Could you switch to different ISP as soon you’ve received this letter or must you talk to them first to avoid penalties etc?

ps. I am €55 for 1Gbps at the moment,another few months to go , I see Vodafone is €45 for same package ( only 12 months contract unlike 24 with Eir)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

My Aul lad was out of Contract, so I rang them on that loyalty Number above and got him switched to the €35/m broadband plan for the next 12 months, with no fuss at all.

He was paying €80/m for the very same thing.....

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

That is the one I am on, the email I received said I can cancel contract with no penalties. You need to ring them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

Just broadband and phone. Up tp 100mbps, not the full fiber line.

Nate

• Registered Users Posts: 39,817 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The same the service was **** and when it went down which was often you’d get on the nasa faster. Moved to Vodafone and I think there was one time it went down but other than that it’s been brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

I've no problem ringing them, it is just legal part I am wondering about.

If you've received such email , must you still give them 30 days notice or you good to switch to any ISP and only inform Eir about the switch.

Advertisement