Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir Increase from August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭swoofer

No I just rang and told them I was switching wef 1 july, contract is broken so no requirement for 30 days. i RANG THE NUMBER IN EMAIL as it said " LOYALTY" bit of a cheek.

This is in email

"We value your loyalty and hope that you will continue to enjoy your eir service. However, you can cancel your service without penalty by calling us on 1800 303 592"

Post edited by swoofer on

• Registered Users Posts: 3,790 ✭✭✭Apogee

If you cancel with eir, I presume there is nothing to stop you moving to another supplier before the end of the 30 day notification period?

see post 32

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I 'tried them out' for a year on a €30-per-month contract.

Every. Single. Month. I had issues and had to ring them. I won't go into them all, but I wouldn't take them for free now if they were offered. I signed up with Sky last month and I think eir are still looking for another month payment because the departments don't seem to talk to one another in there.

Never did I expect them to be as bad as I was warned about. I figured there would be issues and if I needed help they would be difficult to contact. It is so much more than that. From the petulant brats (although some of them were very very nice) in there, to the hassles with their billing system and their direct debit. Christ it was a nightmare.

Eir rep on phone said I had to give 30 days notice. Did you they tell you opposite?

• Advertisement

From here - https://www.comreg.ie/advice-information/switching-providers/#undefined

Switching on receipt of a contract change notification

If you have received a contract change notification from your current provider and if you do not accept the proposed modification to your contract you can cancel your contract immediately without penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,873 ✭✭✭bmc58

Dodgy box sales are going through the roof.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Just phoned. I mentioned the letter and he offered the 5e off for the remainder of the contract without me even asking. They do a modification which leaves you on your old T&C. Allows you to renegotiate at the end of the run rather than a new 12/ 24 month contract being set up with new T&C.

Thanks for that. There's no end to the bullsh*t from eir reps.

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭alentejo

The government should single out and name companies which now implement a CPI plus 3% increase while getting society to accept wage increases which don't chase inflation. That type of pricing behaviour is vile in this current inflationary period.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭Romero

I signed up to them last November on their 1GB service plus phone for €50 a month after spending years with Virgin, I most ring them on Monday see if they will give me the discount. Hopefully they will. Good thing about Fiber is you can shop around providers much like Electricity and Gas.

Ok so I spoke to the helpdesk and got the discount for the next 12 months Girl advised I call back this time next year as their system won't allow her to put it in for the balance of my contract, so just bear that in mind if you have signed up to a 24 month contract. Also I forgot to ask will the price stat the same for the next 12 months or will we still get hit with the 3% consumer price index price increase next April? Someone might ask when negotiating with them next

It will increase as they now have it in terms of contract, it means more people will switch each year like the energy suppliers. But the increase will apply to the full price not the discounted price.!!

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭tvjunki

Anyone noticed the late payment free of €18.45? But rich.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

I've signed with Vodafone first then rang to Eir after ,she said no problems, no fee etc, account will be ceased by 18th of July.

Post edited by alec76 on

Anyone get the email confirming the 5 euro discount that you agreed with the operator? Lady I spoke to said they would confirm via letter and email yet I've not received the confirmation yet.

Ah ok so it says 5 euro off for 12 months under my current 31 euros off for 24 months (which was the original discount for the 2 year contract.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

What annoys me is that I cannot send a letter to eir stating I can no longer pay the agreed price and if you don't like 5 euro decrease you can cancel the 12 month minimum contract.

Yet they can after forcing you into 12 months contract (24 months in some cases).

Doesn't sound fair to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭yrreg0850

In my case I have just been connected with a 24 month contract @ €39.95 /month.

If my price is increased I am within my 14 day cooling off period so I am off.

It cost Eir quite a bit to get the cable to my premises , ie blocked cable duct which involved some road opening etc.

So they will be at a loss while my new supplier will gain at Eir's expense.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Prince10r

Correct me if I'm wrong , if you have a 24 month contract 1GB (39.99 / 83.99 after 24months) come next April bill will jump to €48.2 (CPI was 7.5% + 3% on the non-discounted amount). Is not better to cancel and move to Vodafone without the Inflation clause in their homebroad band.

That’s what I’ve thought anyway. Best time to switch too, no need to 30 days notice etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Speed_Alive

I only have a month left of my 39.99 12 month discount (now 46 after last price hike, and will be 51 after this new one...), changes to 75 (so probably 81?) a month, thereafter I believe... About to ring 'the loyalty line' and see what I can get, otherwise I'm off to Vodafone.

Does anyone know are they strict on requiring the return of Apple TV box? Have had it 2 years and it is a handy yoke to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Dufflecoat Fanny

I bought a cheap 5g phone from Three store. I top it up 25 a month for 5g and use it for wifi in the house.

Similarly a friend of mine has a 4G router from amazon, sim is from either Lyca or 48 and it costs him less than €15 per month. I know it's less than €15 because that was his budget and he was over the moon getting it for less.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Stillnotworking

Just a quick update on this, I got an ECC (Early Cancelation) fee from Eir for taking the option to cancel after the Contract change. After a bit of discussion and quoting the original email to them it was eventually waived. So be aware in case it hits others.

Yes, Eir will try their best to get something of you . Did they charge you for the router yet or did you send it back ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Stillnotworking

That was brought back to a shop so I would get a return receipt!

Its a unique organisation, although the person I was speaking to was a pleasure to deal with once he knew there was an error.

Advertisement