Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank fraud

Options
  • 09-06-2022 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

looking to know if my experience has happened to anyone else and you received a good outcome.

Last week my bank account was hacked and a hefty sum was withdrawn into an offshore Revolut account. I received a text message from Aib asking if I recognised a transaction and to reply yes or no etc. I immediately logged in to my online banking to discover 6 large sum transactions had been taken from my account. Rang the back straight away, they cancelled card etc and got investigating. Today I received a letter from them telling me I won’t get a refund because I allowed the transactions by authorising the push notifications sent to my phone. I did not receive one push notification 😭. I’m actually distraught. I’m very careful and far from naive. I certainly did not click on any suspicious links. I feel so violated. I have an iPhone so rang apple and asked them was it possible my phone was hacked but they assured me it wasn’t. I have sent a dispute to Aib after I was advised today when I rang after receiving the letter but what if it doesn’t go in my favour? Where do I go from there.. Not knowing how this happened is killing me as how do I know it won’t happen again. Could it be a breach of The banks security as opposed to my cards? I’m lost and really appreciate anyones advice on this or similar experiences.

Post edited by Spear on
    Tagged:

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement