Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavity wall Insulation can it be done twice?

Options
  • 09-06-2022 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

Might be a silly question

3bed semi built 2001, I got cavity wall insulation ( beads pumped in) Sept 2009, plus attic floor insulated. I know when it was done first I really noticed the difference the heat but I guess I'm used to it. Living room has a bay window and is too cold there in the winter time to sit on the couch.

So can cavity walls be pumped a second time

I got a new Palladio front door last year, big difference in the hall. Windows I got the seals replaced 2 years ago. Hinges all ok but they are 20 years old now.

I have enquired about new widows or pocket replacement windows, hope to get quote next week .

Oil heating and an insert stove in the living room ( no back boiler)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭10-10-20

No. Filled is filled, unless it wasn't filled in the first place.

If the bay is cold, do you have it triple-glazed? If not, that's the next step.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,067 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Might be an air tightness problem, unless the glazing has failed completely.

Advertisement