Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drag Shows for Kids

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,059 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

You've gone from 'required' to 'need' now. I'd imagine that most of any drag show for kids is about entertainment. In general, entertainment isn't about being required or needed, but certainly can be enjoyable and good for mental health. Are you saying that there is no form of drag show that could offer appropriate entertainment to children? What is inherently sexual to you about a man wearing exaggerated female clothing and make up?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

You're not going to play the politics of the condemnation game?

I'm not asking you to condemn anything. I asked you if you felt the behavior outlined in the OP was suitable for children.

Can you answer the question? Or are you choosing not to because it would weaken your argument?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭DarkJager21

Correct - there isn't a single benefit to exposing children to drag in any form. What do children gain from seeing a man wearing exaggerated female clothing and make up? What point does it serve and what value does it provide in enriching their childhood? The answer to that is absolutely nothing. Zero, zilch.

The photo under discussion at the moment is a very young male child DRAG artist, posing with a fully naked male DRAG artist for a photoshoot.

That has nothing to do with drag?

I wouldn't bother.

It's clear to everyone what that type of poster is up to.

in every other thread, they are happy to condemn anyone if their belief doesn't line up with theirs but ask them if children should be posing with naked men in drag or would they allow it???

Silence.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

If the pictures in the OP were of a straight man introducing sexuality to a bunch of pre-pubescent girls and getting their dicks out, everyone would be on the same page in their criticism, it is obvious some people are so entrenched in the new religion, they will forgive any transgression.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,440 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

So your defintiion of drag is "boys in dresses alongside naked adults"?

Kind of proves my point.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,440 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

They were marked by "libs of Toktok" (whatever the fcyck that is) and theerfore they must be drag acs? Riiiight.

Anyway, I thought you werent engaging with me anymore when you proved you out to be a liar and a coward? Makes it really difficult to trust you with anything, to he honest (which you're not).

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭Miadhc

I'll let people decide for themselves what it is

>Men in Drag

>Floats

>Gay pride flags

> On a public street

>Obvious public event

As I said people can make their own mind up.

I very much doubt they will give much credence to what you are saying anyway judging by your comments on this thread.

No I will put you on ignore before I end up telling you what I think of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,630 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

I cannot imagine drag shows for kids being anyway commonplace outside the wet dream of lunatic Trump supporters. Well, I hope so anyway as to me it's extremely weird at best if only a very fringe activity.

🙈🙉🙊

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Cody montana

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

I think a lot of people in this country have become corrupted by their commitments to LGBwhatever ideology.

They are testing the waters by calling this stuff [ie the sex show in Dallas] 'harmless'.

I wouldn't let kids anywhere near it and I don't think the usual waffle, obfuscation, sophism that we see mostly-winning arguments on other threads is going to fly here.

It's just too suss. "Ah but your definition of drag is therefore-" No sorry it's just too suss and obviously bad.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,555 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

Mod - OK this thread is really starting to jump the shark at this stage. Stick to the topic and be civil. If you can't do that then don't post.

@Miadhc won't be joining us for a while. Anyone else posting images or videos like that will also find themselves banned

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Viscount Aggro

It's too confusing for kids. Leave them alone.

What about the annual panto in Dublin... Sammy Sausages.

It's full of gay innuendo.

This has nothing to do with drag shows for kids (the title of this thread, just ICYMI).

It's really hilarious how far you need to stretch the truth to find something to complaint about.

So definitely not last year's Pride in Paris, as you previously stated, then?

Did anyone on this thread call any sex show in Dallas as harmless for kids?

So that's panto out then?

I'm not going to answer any question about the OP, because that would be lending credibility to the OP and indicating that he had put out a case to be answered. He put out a mish-mash of photos from a range of different events and labelled them 'drag shows for kids' for maximum inflammatory effect. I'm not going to add fuel to his fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

Delete

°°°°°

So you can't answer a simple question.

Let me simplify it further, I posted one of the images from the OP earlier, a naked man posing for a photo beside a young child. Is that an image you feel is acceptable?

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Ok, I’ll say this one last time.

Anyone that exposed them self around children needs to be locked up.

Anyone that uses sexual language around children needs to be removed.

Drag shows in bars are not for kids, drag strip shows for kids are not a thing.

I’ve never seen a drag artist expose themselves in my life.

Every experience at a drag show has been brilliantly entertaining.

This thread has been used to tar the whole gay community, of which drag artists are a tiny percentage.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,859 ✭✭✭growleaves

"Did anyone on this thread call any sex show in Dallas as harmless for kids?"

Not exactly. You asked a poster what the difference between pantomime and the images [of the sex show in Dallas] were.

As part of a opening salvo into a back-and-forth of definitional sophistry ("What's your definition of age-approproate drag?")

Try it under your real name and watch your reputation sink like a stone.

Because you are not going to out-academise and intellectually overwhelm people on this stuff when it comes to their kids. No one gives a bollocks that you think panto and disturbing sex shows are the same thing and can't provide clearly encapsulated positivist definitions of each one, to separate them, to your satisfaction.

• Advertisement
    °°°°°

Sorry but saying that this thread has been used to tar the whole gay community is not in step with reality.

You should apologize for that immediately.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,841 ✭✭✭TomTomTim

• Posters asks for proof of something
    • Other poster responds with visual evidence
    • Said poster gets banned for providing evidence, and the person who asked for the evidence likes the post that says that said evidence isn't allowed

All of that tells you so much about the people we're dealing with. They aren't ignorant, they aren't naive, they are simply dishonest actors playing the game as dishonestly as they can. Very interesting too how certain rules are created for certain threads, that exist nowhere else, and only ever seem to benefit one side.

“The man who lies to himself can be more easily offended than anyone else. You know it is sometimes very pleasant to take offense, isn't it? A man may know that nobody has insulted him, but that he has invented the insult for himself, has lied and exaggerated to make it picturesque, has caught at a word and made a mountain out of a molehill--he knows that himself, yet he will be the first to take offense, and will revel in his resentment till he feels great pleasure in it.”- ― Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

You're deflecting. Again. Don't you get tired hopping around so much?

You were the one asking where they happened, due to your advanced knowledge of London, and supposed familiarity with "the scene" (suggesting that you weren't aware of them).. and I pointed out that you likely wouldn't be familiar unless you were gay/bi because many places aren't open to the public.

If you're going to deflect again.. don't bother responding to the post.

Drag shows in bars are not for kids, drag strip shows for kids are not a thing.

But there are drag shows for kids. Just not strip ones.. yes? Does it matter what the performers are wearing, or is everything okay? As long as they're not stripping, that is.

This thread has been used to tar the whole gay community

Where? I haven't seen any bashing of the gay community on the thread. Care to provide some (direct) quotes to support that claim?

You left out the bit where the visual evidence was mislabelled, just like the photos in the OP, stirring things up to create fear, confusion and doubt.

The National Party would be proud of your tactics, SOP for far right groups to attack anyone they disagree with with PAEDO roars. And yet again, it is amazing how far you exaggerate what actually happened on the thread to have something to complain about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Curse These Metal Hands

You could have saved a lot of hassle by condemning the picture in the OP and then arguing your point on whether it was drag or not, other posters did that.

It's just bizarre that you refuse to acknowledge that it's objectively inappropriate.

What's more is that not all drag queens are gay. Many are actually straight! So this idea that being critical of what happened at these events is synonymous with being "anti-LGBT" is quite simply false. It's false for many other reasons too, already discussed throughout the course of this thread.

Moreover, this event was not limited to the awful images in the OP's link.

Remember that there was also footage of a young boy in drag dancing around and collecting cash tips from spectators.

In whose benefit is it to introduce to children what adults do at lap dancing clubs?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

No, they're definitely a thing as far as I can see. Supposed to introduce gender freedom and fluidity to children. Children themselves are non sexual so I would think fairly gender fluid anyway as they wouldn't have much importance attached to it other than what society/parent dictates. How it would affect their later sexual development is anyone's guess but I'd imagine the motivation from the pink community is to develop more gender fluid/tolerant individuals.

Post edited by newmember2 on

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭freemickey

Listening to the excuse speeches of how anything remotely like this is "actually okay, because...", "This is slightly different, so..."

• Advertisement

Afraid the kids will catch the gay?

Honestly, are we back in the 70s here or what!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement