Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bausch and Lomb

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,823 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I don't understand how you can tie wage increases under threat of strike action into some hidden monstrous profit pot.

I wonder what gets cut to fund it, something has to.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

many large corporations have been recording record profits particularly over the last few years, this is occurring globally, the whole process of wealth distribution via these businesses is starting to fail, thankfully some like bausch are starting to accept that this is wrong, and potentially dangerous for all, including themselves.

in the funny world of large corporations, very little if anything, may in fact be cut at all, profits may fall slightly, but that ll be about it, and these businesses will simply rock on. i have to hand it to the company for this offer, its significant, and it will be very helpful to its employees and to our local economy in general, as a proportion of these gains will be spent into our local businesses, we will need this, to try reduce the severity of any possible oncoming downturn.

large corporations such as, have far greater protections in place, compared to smaller businesses, far greater negotiating powers with creditors, far greater state protections, far greater protections from major institutions such as central banks etc etc, theyre generally not comparable to smaller businesses due to these differences, so any 'cuts' effectively go unnoticed

Damned if they do... 'paying that increase, must have been creaming it all along' damned if they don't... 'only paying 5% increase when inflation is nearly 10%, bourgeoisie b@stards!'.

Good man! 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭vixdname

Looks like the B&L workers have accepted the pay proposal from the company.

Good luck to them, a decent pay rise, 2 guaranteed bonuses and a few other bits and pieces.

All industrial actions ceased, good news for both workers and Waterford as a whole

155 members still not happy though

I'm sure they will now quit their underpaid, sweat shop like, high stress jobs on the back of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭vixdname

Those knuckle draggers wouldnt be happy if they were given a 30% pay rise.

They're usually the loudest at the meetings aswell , but well we all know what they say about empty vessels.....

I’ll go further out on a limb and suggest these 155 employees contribute the least to the company, and by extension their fellow workers.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,253 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

ah theres always gonna be decenters, we need them, to try keep balances, best of luck to the workers and the company, the company plays a vital role in our local economy, hopefully this gives other workers in similar companies the confidence to stand up and demand what they disserve

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭nomoedoe

You seem very bitter about it 🤣

Fair play to SIPTU and all the B&L workers for seeing this through.

Nope, just making a point that some people are extremely militant and couldn't give a shite about anyone else.

They would rather risk closing a large employer than get another job. Fact of the matter they won't get a handier job anywhere else for that money.

Post edited by Hijpo on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭91wx763

It's called collective bargaining.

WIthout unions the 155 could be told individually "zero for ye lads".

Up the workers who unite.

Collective bargaining is the process, not sure what it has to do with the fact 155 are still not happy with their pay and conditions, what will they do about it I wonder.

I hope they are very vocal about how disgraceful their pay is when getting their pay slip and how their peers have sold them out.

Advertisement