Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get Dishwasher Liquid

• 10-06-2022 3:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭

A bit of a long shot, but my dishwasher says it works better with dishwasher liquid that you throw in the machines body, than with tablets.

I've tried dealz and euro2 along with the major retailers. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Tia

Omt

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Cheers, I'll go hunting this weekend. It's a small dishwasher, while it does say you can throw tablets in, they're not the best for smaller ones apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭zg3409

On smaller dishwashers you need to use half dose, which means a full tablet is a double dose.

I too have struggled to get liquid even in Tesco

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Garlinge

I used to use powder and could adjust amount as I wished but impossible to find anymore. With clothes washing machines, you are advised to use powder or liquid according to the hardness of the water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭lucalux

Haven't seen a dishwasher liquid in Tesco myself, (nor anywhere else) but I know they used to do a dishwasher powder like the old stuff pre-tablets.

This is actually better for pre wash cycles than tablets in most machines.

Just checked on tesco.ie and it seems to be unavailable but you might have more luck in-store.

If you're REALLY interested, (!) there's these two videos explaining why we use too much detergent, why tablets aren't fully allowing the prewash to work, and why powder/liquid detergents are better all round.

Advertisement