Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weed 'n Feed - Collect or mulch after?

Options
  • 11-06-2022 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭

Have an ongoing battle with weeds in the lawns and I spread weed n feed last Monday, planning on mowing once we get a break in the current showery weather. Just wondering what the school of thought is on the clippings. I used Landscaper Pro and on the bag it says not to use the cuttings as mulch. But I'm not sure does this mean not to mulch when mowing or not to use them as mulch around other plants?

So does anyone have an opinion on this, should one collect or mulch after spreading this stuff or does it make any difference?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I would think it means don't use them around other plants - the stuff may be able to identify grass but other (wanted) plants would react like weeds in terms of getting damaged by the weedkiller.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,957 ✭✭✭kirk.

The one I used says leave the first cut fall on the grass

• Registered Users Posts: 10,686 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Mulch while cutting. The weed and feed stays in the lawn as opposed to weed killer in your compost or mulch for other plants.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭coillsaille

Thanks for the replies. Yes, makes sense alright to mulch and let the product be reabsorbed into the lawn. Unfortunately I gave the first cut since treatment on Sunday and I used the grass box, mainly because I felt it was a bit damp and and had grown a bit too long for mulching.

Advertisement