Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy (pickup preferred) a 2.5" to 3.5" HDD adapter

Options
  • 11-06-2022 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,419 ✭✭✭✭

I'm retiring a laptop which has a Samsung 2.5" SSD and I want to move the SDD into a Dell Inspiron to use as auxiliary storage. I've identified the power and data connectors so there's no technical issues I need advice with. There is a space in the corner of the Inspiron for a 3.5" HDD so I need a 2.5" to 3.5" adapter - a frame that will take the 2.5" SSD and allow me to mount it into a space for a 3.5" HDD.

Can anyone advise me where I can buy one of these in the Dublin area and which I can pick up without having to pay silly money (relative to the cost of the unit) for delivery? I used to buy this kind of h/w from elara and pick it up myself but I see they're now in Leopardstown and there is no pickup option.

Comments

Advertisement