Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taste of Dublin

• 12-06-2022 11:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,826 ✭✭✭

Anyone been to this recently?

I was at it years ago and it was a good day out but I've heard recently that it's become quite exclusive with high prices and small portions. Any truth in those rumours?

https://tasteofdublin.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

I went pre covid and only went as got discounted tickets and spending tokens through work social club.

Ive been to both afternoon and evening sessions over the years.

Friday afternoon was better experience wise as more chance of signing up for masterclasses that were being run for Roe and Co cocktails or Obriens wine tastings.

Friday evening more about the craic / buzz.

Portions were small and pricey everywhere except Tesco food truck.

If drinking wine buy a full bottle as last time out Obriens had nice bottles for 15 when a glass was 6-7.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,412 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Went a few times years ago. Whilst entertaining and fun enough, always found it to be atrocious value for the food and experience you get. Wouldn't be going back and this is someone who has no problem dropping money on Michelin star places.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,299 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Overpriced food last time I went. Tiny portions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

I've been a couple of times, but pre-pandemic. It's always been overpriced small portions, but it's a nice experience. I got "free" tickets through work though, I don't think I'd be as keen if I had to pay the entrance fee myself.

One thing that always annoyed me was having to use their "florins" currency, but I've heard they've just gone contactless now, which I imagine works a lot better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,810 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Pigsback have some discounted tickets

General: Thu/Fri 12pm - 4:30pm From €7.50

General: Sunday 6pm - 10:30pm From €11.00

Taste of Dublin | Thursday 16th to Sunday 19th of June 2022 - Save up to 50% | Pigsback.com

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Surprised Sat evening didn't sell out. It usually does.

Advertisement