Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Passports in a safe way

Options
  • 12-06-2022 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all ,

I have been dreaming of getting passports for my girls for years now. I left an abusive situation over 10 years ago. I went to my solicitor in 2020 before covid hit and was advised to just rip the plaster off to get them signed, even tho he was fully aware that it could reopen us up to relive the nightmare we went through.

I emailed minister for justice Helen McEntee this morning explaining that it is simply not safe for women, and their families to ask for an ex abusers signature when they have never filled the role of guardian legally nor morally. My daughters have gone by my surname since they were born , and have proof of same. got advise from solicitor on this and it is allowed . Their birth cert is different.

My daughters want to go by the only name they know , and all we want is to live our lives be happy healthy and safe. Surely something can be done by myself to get my girls passports done in a safe way. Anyone been thorough this ? I would love to get a petition going to update this outdated system.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement