Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Money in the Bank 2022 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭The Bollocks

Killer match but ruined by a **** shite bullshit result

Shoulder was up ask me bollocks

• Registered Users Posts: 38,321 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

That was an odd video package just there

Maybe Edge coming back darker

Was that a Fiend teaser after the KO promo?

Maybe but why the gold medal

Could be Bayley getting a new gimmick or That guy Joe Lacy from NXT

Lots of twitter speculation that's its Edge due to all the Easter eggs in it. Dudleys glasses, Latino heat license plate and Jeff Hardy wristbands

• Advertisement

Gwan Liv

Ronda injured ?

Possibly the cash in for that reason

Bleedin savage. You only LIV once. Well done Liv

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Bit of weird booking there with Liv Morgan winning.

I mean she comes out and immediately gets an ankle lock on her. Then only wins by a school boy - which is considered the weakest pin in wrestling. So it's like wwe are giving Liv the ball but at the same time not giving her the ball in a fantastic fashion..

Rousey is a geebag so that is a plus in my world

• Advertisement

The Champ We deserve

All the possibilities of an 8th entrant and its bloody Theory

Theory me hole, this bollocks is going to win this now guaranteed

a bleedin deadly ladder match let the bodies hit the floor

Riddle will win this one the stoner made yipper

Ah ffs but it could work for Theory as he is a sneaky bastard

Overall a great match

SUPER RKO! Pat McAfee is deadly

THeory will win

I called it ye thicks, I called it.

Theory is the future.

• Advertisement

Great event overall

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Enjoyed that overall. Some great matches, especially the tag match though it didn't need that finish. I'm happy for Liv. They treated her like crap for a long time but she stuck it out and she clearly loves wrestling. Nice touch from Ronda to mouth "sh.." when she was sitting down wrecked and then heard Liv's music.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,164 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Theory has the Orton rocket strapped to him.

He and MJF are the best all round youngsters in wrestling.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,043 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Cole calling Pat "Corey" at the start of the Ronda match and being called out on it.

Think it would've been better if after Liv got out of the ankle lock, Ronda went back to being held up by the ropes so Liv could hit her finisher. Will see now if they give her a similar run to Nikki ASH. Probably a Charlotte return.

I see they haven't updated Lacey's entrance graphic yet. Messy women's ladder match. Lucky Liv didn't miss the rope at the end.

Crowd didn't like the credit card ad.

While Liv could cash in at any time throughout the next year, Theory's options are limited to whenever Roman decides to show up.

Summerslam is early this year. First time it's been in July.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Theory and Liv winning is exactly what the MITB should be about, in my opinion. While I thought the Theory introduction was heavy handed, and I hate these surprise additions to the MITB ends up winning angles, the case should go to non-established stats they want to push.

im not sure if Liv is going to hold it long term, but the outpouring of love towards her online, from wrestlers and fans alike, is awesome. She seems an utter sweetheart and deserved a show which was built around giving her the moment.

As for Theory, I’m not going to complain at all about WWE strapping a rocket to a 24 year old they have high hopes for. I hope he spends a few months building his profile now, getting ready for the cash in.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yeah a lot of us spend enough time giving out that WWE aren't making any new stars so I'm not going to complain too much if they are trying to build Theory up for the long term. He's definitely talented, though "Theory" on its own is a stupid name and I don't like the selfie nonsense. But then I'm a cranky old man now and not who they're aiming at.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭ThePott

That was a really solid show.

Women's MITB was definitely sloppy but still enjoyable. Not a great showing from Shotzi which is a shame cause I do like her. Having her and Raquel teaming up for spots might not have been the best call as they still both have a way to go. Delighted Liv won, she's a lovable underdog and I definitely popped for her getting the briefcase. The cash-in was fine, nothing spectacular but did love the tease that she was going to tap. WWE seem incapable of letting a woman hold the briefcase for long which is a shame but still. Liv getting her moment was worth it, even though I'm sure Charlotte will return and ruin it immediately. Would have been more fun if Belair/Rhea got their feud and Liv cashed in on Rhea but still.

The Men's MITB was excellent, total carnage. The Omos powerbomb was a lot of fun. Theory winning, hmmm. I mean they're building a new star and I think having him as a heel is them learning their mistake from Roman, they're really going all in on the guy, I don't really care for him but I guess it's a move in the right direction. Not sure when or how he cashes in, surely they don't put him near Roman or Brock. Considering how rare it is that either of them are even on shows the build should be interesting. I think a heel holding the case is more fun anyway so I'm open to being swayed here.

Aside from that, the two women's matches were fine. Thought Natalya came off as quite good in her match. Ronda seemed either gassed or just out of her depth. I've already forgotten the Bianca/Carmella match. Bianca needs a good rival so hopefully Rhea is on her way back.

The tag match stole the damn show, that was an outstanding match that went long without feeling it and got the crowd pumped (crowd were great all night tbf) but that could be a MOTY for WWE, hopefully it gets the acclaim it deserves even though it's rare that WWE tag matches get the spotlight. Finish was a bit bleh but if it means a rematch at Summerslam I'm all for it.

That spooky package was 100% Edge which seems pretty dumb but whatever.

Theory could be a right bollocks for Roman (whenever he decides to show up)

They will get serious millage from it, Semi Zayn been a 'cash in' protector or some shite like that

• Registered Users Posts: 86,243 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Was Liv's SD title cash in always the plan or last minute to cover for injured Ronda?

As Liv is/was on Raw and was feuding with Rhea

They sure love Theory, was convinced Riddle was winning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,629 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I get the feeling this was the plan all along… her interview just after winning the case was all her talking about the long term, so many opportunities to cash in over the whole year. After she said that I kinda suspected she might go right for it.

Wish they’d given her a slightly better moment, at least hitting something, before her pin, but still a great moment nonetheless. Hope she holds it for a while.

Advertisement