Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl extendable saw and lopper

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭sully123

Yeah, I've a slightly more basic model of this, also from lidl. Got quite a bit done with it.

The pull cord is to use the looper. It's like a secateurs on the end of a pole.

It's like a secateurs on the end of a pole.

ok thanks .would you consider it a good buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have one, I haven't used it much but it has done the job when I needed it. You have to catch the loppers the 'right way up', there is a little bit of a knack to it but it does work. The pull cord does give you more power than you might expect. I can't recall whether I have used the saw. For the money its a decent enough tool.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

I probably got the same one as you, paid 15 quid for it. The saw blade on it is too thin; as you try to push the blade back up through the cut it just flexes and binds. I had a previous model on which the handle broke but the blade from that transferred across thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

Thats the fancy one. Lidl have sold at least 3 different models. I have the most basic which is a very handy tool when you need it. I looked at the power boosting pull cord bit a couple of years ago when that one was for sale and decided it was an unnecessary complication of what is normally a simple standard design.

Edit> I seem to remember thinking that this model with the "power boosting pull cord" did have one small advantage in that there was far less sticking out of the business end so there was less to get stuck when when working in dense foliage. The traditional mechanism sticks out a bit and can get caught up making it frustrating to use in some situations.

Post edited by The Continental Op on

Wake me up when it's all over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭sully123

I've worked mine pretty hard. It's a purchase you won't regret

Advertisement