Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recently bought car , nothing but trouble

Options
  • 13-06-2022 1:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi All, just looking for advice, young driver recently bought a car from a car dealership. After a month I realised the car was not sold as advertised (fully serviced). Just 5 months on I’ve had nothing but trouble with it spending €600 in the last month to get it back on the road. Do I have a leg to stand on with the dealership? It seems it wasn’t sold of merchantable quality. I don’t know where to do with this any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,596 ✭✭✭newmember2

What car and what did you spend €600 on?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Patsy6546

Passat and spent €600 on sensors and labour for the faults it keeps throwing up when plugged in. Seems like there’s a new fault each week

• Registered Users Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭kirving

Have you brought it to a main dealer, or a local mechanic?

What sensors were replaced?

I'm not saying that the mechanic is wrong, but if there are multiple concurrent electrical issues, there is usually one source causing multiple error codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,600 ✭✭✭User1998

How many months warranty did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Year, Mileage, cost of car, any warranty specifics that was provided with the original sale?

'sensors and labour' would not normally be covered on a standard 'engine & gearbox' warranty.

'Fully serviced' can be open to interpretation unless anything that was done was specificly mentioned at the time of sale.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Advertisement
Advertisement