Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unable to appeal PLC results?

Options
  • 13-06-2022 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I completed a Level 5 this past year. I received a merit and a pass in two modules. I appealed the results and process of both of them. I posted out the application and payment to the school before the deadline date and due to delays with An Post, my application was received one business day late and was rejected.

Do I have any grounds for having my application accepted as it was outside my control that it was received a day late and I have proof that I sent it before the deadline date?

My next query is surrounding the results of these two modules: for the exam for one of them, I was sick which negatively affected the result. I was told there were no alternatives in the event of illness or extenuating circumstance during an exam or assessment but in the Quality Assurance policies for this ETB, they list provisions. None of which were an option to me. The teacher for that module was unfortunately absent for the last month to six weeks of the school year and we were given no substitute nor did we fully complete the learning outcomes for that module.

For the second module, our teacher was out for the entirety of the second semester and we went through approx. 3 subs during that time and had no consistency in class work. The results for some of my assignments were corrected AFTER the provisional results were posted out.

It is very necessary for my progression that I get a distinction in both of these modules. I have tried contacting the school about this but to no avail. The only other contact I have gotten back from the school was saying that my appeals application has been declined.

I have no idea what to do or who to escalate this to. Progressing on to the course I want to is very important to me and I am willing to do anything for it. Any advice?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭ahappychappy

The ETB has an appeals process in place and you will need to follow the next stage in their agreed process. QQI is the body which has an element of oversight but as far as I understand it is in ensuring there is an agreed process.

I would caution you that generally students wont go from a Pass to a Distinction that is a big jump. You may see someone go from a very high Merit but generally not from below this - can you re-sit the year/exams ?

Advertisement