Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No telephone line working since 23/04/2022

Options
  • 13-06-2022 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭

My telephone has not worked since the 23/04/22 I was told this was because I had ordered fibre broadband. The fibre broadband was installed on 18/05/22 however the telephone still is not working. Eir tell me I have a broken bundle and that my number has not been released by Openeir now I was told today that Open eir have released my phone number. Can anyone explain to me what is going on? Because I am dealing with Eir complaints Dept but I'm not sure they know what they are talking about. Any help would be much appreciated. This is only a short synopsis of what has occurred in the intervening months!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Hunt_Morris

Where do you live?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

I live in Tramore Co Waterford

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Similar problem to yourself. I was with eir BB and phone this time last year with sky TV package. Contract was up with both service providers so decided to change both . Went on bonkers / switcher etc and found the results stated that I had not BB available at my address including with Eir, despite me doing the search through Eir BB!

Fast forward then a load of visits to different service provider shops, countless emails to all concerned and Twitter DMs and finally VF ran a test, sent an engineer out and I was able to put a VF package in place.

I carried on querying this problem and finally Eir said it was an OpenEir problem concerning my UAN, Ard ID number and 881 number not being picked up. I was put on the long finger for a number of weeks and in the end I had to get in touch with Comreg and initiate a grievance before I finally began to see results.

FF now to August of this year, my contract with VF will expire and Ive began my search for another provider. My problem however does not appear to be fully resolved however as I'm now getting messages from comparison sites that although Eir and their products are now available at my address unfortunately Sky isn't, despite me being a sky customer prior to all of this hassle.

Back to Comreg agin for me over the next few weeks unfortunately as Eir are just a giant pain in the butt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭johnbarrett35

I found Comreg useless to be frank!! I want to know who you can complain about them as well as Eir!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

ComEeg are the regulator. So you have to complain to them.

If you’re still not happy, you could try to complain to the Dept of Climate, Environment and Communications (DCEC) - but they are extremely likely to send you back to ComReg.

• Advertisement
Advertisement