Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disney Plus via Turkey Annual sub €21 (Apple TV Required)

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭Dublinandy3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 454 ✭✭Dublinandy3

Yes, same google play account, same card, even same Disney, when I got back in my places were still saved, am watching it now. Got the refund too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 603 ✭✭✭bobbyg

Anyone manage to successful do this recently? I keep getting offered Czech prices when I use Tukish VPN with VPN unlimited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I got the annual last year for 350TRL and it worked out at 22.50.

After the cancellation debacle, an annual sub is now 650TRL which will cost about 26 euro.

The lira is devaluating at an awful rate. The Netflix price increases are nearly irrelevant to us Euro payers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

My annual sub ran out (iTunes gift card method), so I tried to renew today.

Clicking on 'update payment info' in the Disney+ app opens the App Store, where you are asked to add a Turkish credit card. There is already enough iTunes credit on the Apple account, which could be used to renew the subscription, but it refuses to proceed without a credit card being added first.

Has anyone been able to find a workaround?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭carrotcake

...Checked my iTunes balance an hour later, and 650 lira was gone and Disney+ working again. Weird, but it looks like I'm set up for another year now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,527 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

In a week, the price has gone from 25.50 to 23.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,159 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

True, on Thurs the Turkish central bank were expected to increase interest rates over 12% but instead they opted or perhaps were encouraged/coerced by the president to take a more conservative approach and instead they increased rates from 8.5% to 15%. By Fri the TRY dropped a further 9% versus USD before reverting back somewhat since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

exact same thing happened to me; I could see the credit in the Disney app but kept prompting me to enter CC details; left it and this morning App is back working again - magic 😁

Advertisement