Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now that its 2022 what is the best 4g router to buy and who is the best network to use sim?

Options
  • 14-06-2022 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,452 ✭✭✭

Trying to get to grips with 4g using a router but it is not in widespread use. With these data packages it may end up a very good option for someone spending an arm and a leg with EIR and 3. To be used with a smart TV, tablet and mobile phone.

I saw this one in HN

TP-Link N300 Wireless 4G LTE Router

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

TP-Link N300 Wireless 4G LTE is severely dated and you most likelly will have poor performance and expirience with it.

Huawei B818 (4G only, no 5G) would be more to date

Even later models that support 5G available, however, most of them lack external antenna connectivity

more info related to mobile broadband also can be found in Midband forum

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭ECookie13

Do we know what's a good network for this?

I assume all networks have a low "fair use" cap though on these mobile plans, to stop this carry on?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,113 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Where it is important, it might not be your major concern - depending on your hardware, setup, coverage in your area and many other factors, you might not be able to hit "the" limit.

If you are looking for 1 TB/pm or more, then three is your best shot, i guess, as they..... https://www.independent.ie/business/technology/three-removes-fair-use-limits-on-unlimited-broadband-plans-41952074.html

Note: 1.54TB is set just to prevent notifications popping , its not a limit

Advertisement