Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rolex Explorer Polar dial 42mm 2017

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,993 ✭✭✭893bet

A savage offer. I would dump immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,469 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I must hurry. Sure sell for €14k and buy one back next week for €10k

That's a fair offer from them. About 10% under what you could hope to buy one for in the EU atm privately or thereabouts. Going on holidays tomorrow and got a new valuation for my insurance company this afternoon. For a bit less than the average asking price on C24. Which is a lot more than that though 😁

The current insured value (from 18 months ago) was €14k, which would leave me several grand short if it got lost / stolen, didn't want to take that risk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Out of interest I asked for a value for a sub date 41mm .Chrono seems to think€14k is the price .

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Martin32

Thanks for all the comments, I changed my mind and bought today the omega seamaster 300 in schipol for 4600

• Advertisement

Congrats , A lot more watch for a lot less money.

A lot less money, but a lot of money for an Omega. And you still want the Rolex. Not wanting to be a dick here, but many of us have been there...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Lovely watch, wear it in happiness and health.

I get your point with that and that was my own experience but now that I have a couple of rolex , they are my least worn watches. But the Rolex itch if there , definitely has to be scratched.

The seamaster is a brilliant watch though and if you don’t have the ache for a Rolex your not missing out on anything by buying it instead .

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Martin32

Hi, I had the explorer and the Seamaster in Schipol side by side (the explorer not available to buy) but in every aspect, of the physical watch I preferred the Seamaster, although I probably would have bought the Rolex if available, so your right, there is something in the brand alright

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Fitz II

I have had the Seamaster 300P with a blue dial bracelet brosnan, Blue wave dial ceramic bracelet, black dial ceramic rubber, and grey ceramic wave dial rubber. All great watches but none were a Rolex. Not saying they are not a great watch, they are. But if you went in for a Rolex and came out with an Omega it will nag at you as the watch you could have not the watch you wanted.

Thats just the way of it, its not a character flaw, its just the branding doing its work and the collector mentality. I dont miss any of them and gave up trying to convince myself otherwise, probably because I could get one tomorrow at a discount easy enough, and somehow that makes it less desirable than the watch you have to wait for or pay over the odds for.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,118 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Have to say I’ve sold plenty to wf over the years and generally what they offer is around what you’d get for a private sale, sometimes more and sometimes a little less but never considered an offer unfair.

makes me the think the 15k I got for my hulk wasn’t so bad after all!

Advertisement