Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ideal Halo smart Wi-Fi system

Options
  • 14-06-2022 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Neighbor of mine just dropped this is as he knows I’m a smart home geek! I’ve never heard of this system and I’m not very familiar with it. He got it with his ideal boiler last year, I’m getting a ideal boiler fitted in a couple of months and this is designed for it.

Has anybody be got this and is using it with Google or Alexa? I have a Google nest aware sub and was going to get the next thermostat but if this does the same or intergrates well with Alexa and Google I might take it off him as it’s a freebie

Any info or advise be great

thanks in advance

BobbyT28

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭BobbyT28

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭Yellow_Fern

Seems good. Does Opentherm

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

https://idealheating.com/support/faqs/halo-alexa-google-home

As you've had no personalised responses - here's what they say themselves.

One thing to consider as a risk is support can die quite quickly with less popular products if they don't pay a team to keep their side working with any changes Google introduce.

Theoretically should work with any boiler (as Yellow_Fern mentioned it has OpenTherm) but a lot of the marketing material only mentions their own boilers so it limits the total number of people to that brand and then to a plumber who suggests it over Hive, EPH, Tado or the other more popular and well known (to them) smart brands.

Advertisement