Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What messenger would you never install on your phone?

Options
  • 14-06-2022 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14 luckypenguin

Now there is a huge choice, and almost everyone has two or three messengers installed in their phone. But there are also more and more situations where messengers are being hacked. Which one do you consider the most reliable and vice versa?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,302 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Signal is probably the most secure of the major ones, although some problems recently with very delayed message notifications.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 14 luckypenguin

It would be cool to have a universal option. But alas, there is no such thing. My friends and I have been using gb whatsapp lately. It is slightly different from the usual version with a number of advantages. For example, incognito mode. If all my friends switch to it, I would be very happy to delete all other messengers 

Post edited by luckypenguin on

• I’ve never used Snapchat, don’t know why. Have most of them installed on my phone as invariably somebody or other will prefer one over the other. Especially since WhatsApp’s server sort of melted with a software update issue with sone problem code that time, I think a lot of people installed alternatives.

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 16,061 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Snapchat. I tried it and just like Twitter I did not like it at all so I just as quickly uninstalled it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement