Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat 22/23

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Did it last year and will do it again this year.

Usually wildcard early to get in my cheap bench fodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Did it last year because the fixtures lined up, must have a look to see if there's a BB I'd line in GW1 or 2. Would definitely consider doing it again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Is VVD/Matip +1m/1.5m an option instead of TAA?

That money would be handy elsewhere.

VVD was only 25 points behind TAA with a better PPM than TAA too.

Just thinking out loud, will probably stick with TAA.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Markx

It's an interesting one - I've had somebody trying to convince me to do it, and they are even advocating wildcarding week 2 but i struggle to get my head round it. Maybe with the value in the likes of Bailey,Neto and Williams it can work well this year.

I used it after the first WC a few years ago and while it was hardly a roaring success it did free me to streamline my squad subsequently.

How was you experience of using it last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Average enough score, nothing disastrous but nothing stellar, the teens, can't remember exactly but it's the points you're making after that can't be calculated that attract me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I did it last year. I got 12 points from the bench (2,2,2,6). I got some good points then as well by having a GK (Schmeichel) in starting XI who I wouldn't have had if I hadn't BB'd (just goes to show how it's hard to quantify the chip).

Overall I don't think I had a great start last year after the GW1 (so again hard to quantify the chip, my funds were more distributed than usual) and there did end up being a double GW later in the year where a BB would have been very handy and I'm sure a lot of people comfortably outscored my 12 points.

I also think that it would be hard getting together a reasonable 15 while keeping the players that I am considering non-negotiable in my team (Salah, Haaland, TAA, Cancelo)

So personally I will be avoiding the GW1 BB after last year. If someone is ballsy enough to go no Salah then I could see the appeal of a GW1 BB though

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Talk that Schemichel is off to Nice on loan

• Registered Users Posts: 7,926 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Unhappy with their lack of activity in the market?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭maximo31

Is the Annual Boards Zarquon Paid League 21/22 going ahead this year or has an alternative league been set up?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Doesn’t seem to be - it was quite a bit smaller last year.

if anyone does know of any cash leagues that aren’t on the forum post them up or send us a PM please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭slumdogemillionaire

The forward situation is a joke. especially in the draft format with a 12 team league

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭duefrine

@Trimm Trabb

PM sent with details of a league I run outside of boards

Regards

• Registered Users Posts: 28 if in doubt

Is Julian Alvarez in with a chance of being a realistic option as 3rd choice forward?

0.5 more expensive than Solanke, same price as Mitrovic and 0.5 cheaper than Toney and Martial. Ok he's going to get less minutes than any of those but if Pep is saying he doesn't expect Haaland to be fully fit for another couple of weeks there's a chance he moves up the rotation nightmare list.

With Jesus and Sterling gone and Bernardo playing deeper in the midfield more often than not, it leaves Foden, Grealish, Mahrez as the other options for the wide spots up front. Alvarez played a good bit on the right side up front for River Plate so he's an option there instead of being stuck behind Haaland for the central spot each week.

At 6.5 million and a goal today off the bench he's got to be worth considering?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,777 ✭✭✭highgiant1985

I love the draft format of the FPL.

I run a 12 team draft league with a group of friends. we had our draft today. I came 10th in the draft list :(

Ended up with the following side in the end. Could have been better, could have been worse. It really gets tricky towards the last few rounds.

I'm praying Ronaldo leaves Man Utd so that Martial gets regular game time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

• Registered Users Posts: 4,988 ✭✭✭Xander10

I might be interested also. If you can pm, appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,669 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Leicester’s backup keeper Iverson, is most likely gonna start, with Schmeichel likely being sold and Ward being injured. He’s been playing pre season too. It’s very annoying that he’s not in the FPL game yet. He would have been 100% 4m at the start of the game. I’ve a feeling they’ll bring him in as 4.5 now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Trying to find this on Discord and can’t find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,253 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Looks like Ward will play tonight for Leicester in a behind closed doors game so there is hope yet for the 4.0 starting GK.

FPL aside, it's quite weird Schmeichel is leaving so suddenly and for Nice as well. Thought he'd have another season in him yet for Leicester.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭McBain11

• Advertisement

I want a third City attacker for Bournemouth in gameweek 2 along with Cancelo and Haaland and am considering gambling on Alvarez.

I only have 7.5 left for my final midfielder spot so can’t get to Foden/Mahrez or an 8m placeholder for GW1 and don’t trust Grealish.

So I’m thinking of getting Neto and using the extra 2m to get Alvarez on the bench for GW1 and then starting him GW2. There is huge haul potential in that game v Bournemouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

No a fan of Alvarez at all, I see him getting 20 or 30 minutes most weeks, especially early on as they look to settle in Haaland. Of course enough to get a goal perhaps but even then it'll be with a 1pt appearance and likely no bonus. I think it'll be 1, 5, 1, 1, 5 at best for him over the first 5 fixtures. Someone like Mitro I could easily see getting, 2, 9, 2, 9, 2 maybe even more.

The fact he takes up one of what good very possibly be an essential 3 City spots is another big negative. It's at best wait and see for Alvarez imo.

Mitro is a great shout at 6.5 imo. Don't quite have space for him right now but there's always time to change before the deadline. Martial at 7 is definitely worthy of consideration too if not going for Rashy or Sancho.

I thought he might start on the right of the front 3. But having said that your post gave me enough food for thought to reconsider. The fact Leicester are offering a 4.0 goalkeeper combo means I’ve got the extra 0.5 for an 8.0m midfielder - Maddison has the best GW1 fixture but Newcastles interest is putting me off, I want Foden for GW2 but not sure he’ll start next week.

I did see Mark Sutherns was talking about Alvarez for GW2 so not completely ruling it out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Is Williams the only 4m defender on the go? Was thinking of doubling up on them if there was another guaranteed starter as I'm going all out on forwards.

Rumors of Bailly going to Fulham. Possibly another 4m defender if it goes through. Leno in goals boosts their defence too.

I didnt see this and actually just posted that Bailly could be going to Fulham (rumoured), and he's 4m. Patterson (RB for Everton) is a likely candidate for replacing Coleman and is 4m. I'd say it's quite likely he gets a lot of gametime.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,773 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Anyone take a stab at predicting the Arsenal starting 11?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

iverson is in now.

4m for himself and Ward. Nice way to get some cash back in the bank unless Leicester go chase another keeper

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Window doesn't close until 1 September, I wonder would Leicester look at bringing in the likes of Foster - be on a free, wouldn't cost that much on wages and has tonnes of PL experience in comparison to Ward/Iverson. The risk of having the two of them, would be Leicester signing another keeper and then it's probably going to be a waste of two transfers to get a playing keeper, assuming you don't have free funds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Leno is good shot stopper, can see him racking up the saves. Can't believe they're starting another PL season with Tim Ream in defence though.

Advertisement