Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General chat 22/23

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

Hi lads, had account registered since 06 with eircom email, when i go to enter new email address, i get email to confirm action which being me back to the login page without having option to change password. New email and old password went letter me any further. Any ideas?

Finally, since yesterday it updated and proceeded to password change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

howdy all, good to be back after the break and by god did I need it after that last season, I felt exhausted by the final day! Im going to try invest a little less time in it this year as last season became all consuming at times which was my own fault but I hate losing money to mates so I wanted to be sure of the mini leagues wins lol

Only got back looking at FPL this week and havent done a ton of research so reckon my team will be template enough. Though I am thinking of tripling up on Arsenal in the hope they get off to a flying start. Everyone has Jesus but I think Martinelli and Saka are worth punts too.

Is anyone here starting the season with Darwin? All the talk seems to be of Kane or Haaland up top.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

Ramsdale

White Saliba Gabriel Zinchenko

Saka Thomas Xakha Odegard Martinelli

Jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Skimmed that and thought it was a GW1 draft and my only thought was it was a bit Arsenal heavy 😆

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Very close to going with Darwin, but will probably chicken out until he starts firing.

• Advertisement

Trying to decide on my final City player.

A - 5-3-2 with Dias and 1.5m in the bank

or

B - 4-4-2 with Foden and zero in the bank

yeah I think Im in the same camp, like he did look good in his cameo v City in the Charity Shield but if he doesnt fire immediately and Kane or Haaland do I would be playing catch up early doors. Will likely play it safe with one of those but be ready to hop on Darwin if necessary

hi kloppo, good to see you back.

Would you consider spending 1m less and get Kyle Walker instead of Dias and then upgrade a different position with the 2.5m ITB. You still get points from Citys clean sheets and the 2.5m upgrade elsewhere should more than cover Dias' attacking returns. Who are your other City players, Cancelo & Haaland?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

If Darwin was guaranteed starter, I would prefer him over Jesus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

He will be eventually I would think. It's just when it will happen is the question.

• Advertisement

Ya. Cancelo and Haaland.

No interest in Walker for some reason.

Im happy with my team and my plans but I can’t decide on Dias or Foden.

Been burnt sooooo many times by City mids so I’m leaning to Dias and the 1.5m in the bank.

edit - but as some that’s owned Foden lots in the past I’m afraid of missing out if he’s outta the blocks quickly. I did have Mahrez in my team permanently until last week.

yeah Foden has a much higher ceiling than Dias if he goes off on one. But always tricky to know when that is with Pep and rotation, I think I owned Foden for about 7 weeks last season and got very little out of him. If you're going to attack the start of the season though Id take the punt on him over Dias

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Bumped the annual Zarquon pay league thread a few times to try and get someone to takeover.

Didn't have any takers is there anyone who runs a pay league or the annual free league who could use the Zarquon name in it, be a shame to lose it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,058 ✭✭✭finnharpsboy

Don't forget the deadline is today at 6.30pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 if in doubt

Friday evening deadlines... oh how I've missed you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Someone posted in the RMT thread that Jesus is the most owned player in fpl history..

Sam Greenwood can't be far behind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Best of luck to all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,772 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

He's a good bit behind in fairness, Jesus is 77%, Greenwood is 24%, there are 12 players between them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Almost 8 million players already. Crazy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

More players have Gabriel Jesus selected this GW than played the game 2 seasons ago! Crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I wonder how many of them will kneejerk into selling him this weekend, especially if other assets start firing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,649 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Benteke has left Palace to join DC United. Farewell to an FPL legend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,307 ✭✭✭Invincible

Conor Coady signs for Everton.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Can we take a moment to bid farewell to Timo Werner? Like a moth to a flame, I'd still get him in hoping the regression to the mean would mean a million goals in one game! So it's probably for the best he's gone

My Da had to point out that I’ve only beaten him twice in the last 9 years.

Of course I did point out that he’s retired and I had to balance family life, work life, personal life, health AND fantasy football.

so this year…

I must CRUSH HIM

😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Excuses, excuses, you should know by now that fpl is and always will be the number one priority in your life or your just another casual.

It’s great to see this forum buzzing again after a few years in the doldrums, always was a great place for fpl.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Similar. I done well last year but put a lot into it.

I didn’t do great last week & Done Kane - Haaland while watching City. Haven’t looked at anything til now as no point , I’m not doing a -4 this early. I’ll be spending less & less time on it this year tho the Workd Cup will be a great opportunity to break from it.

I went Darwin & Salah from the start and I am happy with that decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Assuming Sessegnon starts this weekend who would you start

Sess away to Chelsea

Bailey home to Everton

Jonny home to Fulham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Spurs always concede at Chelsea so it’s between other 2 . I would lean towards Bailey

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'd chance Bailly too.

Same reason as Dr Bre above re Sessegnon. Bailly did look good pre season and think Villa will be more up for it the weekend in front of a home crowd. Would expect Bailly to start too, one of the better ones last week at least.

Advertisement