Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Solicitor uncontactable

• 15-06-2022 6:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭

We're in the process of buying/selling property. We've had a nightmare with the solicitors with a lot of delays because of total incompetence on their part. Now we finally have contracts from our purchasers back (we received an email from purchasers through estate agent) but we've been unable to contact them. Emails aren't being replied to and phone calls aren't being returned. I've gone into the office to be told their working from home that day. Everyone is anxious to close but feel like no one is actually doing the job were paying them to do.

I've looked at the law society and see making a complaint is an option but not sure it would be any use to threaten them with it. Or of that would make things worse.

I've been trying to contact them over a week now.

Comments

There's no point kicking up a fuss, they can just start deliberating messing you around rather than the leaving you flapping they are now. You just have to grin and bear it. Pretty much everyone I know who's bought a house said the solicitor experience was by far and away the worst part.

If you want to make a complaint afterwards you can but it'll have no effect on anything, the Law Society is run for the members' benefit, no-one elses.

Advertisement