Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tulsa King - Paramount+ - (***Spoilers***) Sylvester Stallone & Taylor Sheridan

• 15-06-2022 6:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,776 ✭✭✭✭

First look at Sly's first major tv series from Taylor Sheridan

TULSA KING follows New York mafia capo Dwight "The General" Manfredi (Sylvester Stallone), just after he is released from prison after 25 years and unceremoniously exiled by his boss to set up shop in Tulsa, Okla. Realizing that his mob family may not have his best interests in mind, Dwight slowly builds a "crew" from a group of unlikely characters, to help him establish a new criminal empire in a place that to him might as well be another planet. 

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Says Sheridan came up with in a week

Sheridan created the series during the COVID-19 pandemic, taking a week to come up with the idea, write the pilot, and recruit Stallone to the project.[8] Filming began in March 2022.

Not much to go on. Has Sheridan and Sly and some folks with experience in The Sopranos (I don't know but people seem to rave about) and The Wire (I do know)

Sheridan responsible for wind river and hell or high water, two of the tightest and best scripts out of hollywood in years so im all in for this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,228 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Two cracking films, I think his only slight mis step was those who wish me dead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,060 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Dana Delany has joined

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Never watched the actual show when I was young but that doesn't mean the intro tune didn't stick with me 🙂

"China Beach" TV Intro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,776 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Loved China Beach and would Dana in anything,

Sly totally owns that pilot episode.

And a great little ending to the episode that sets up the season I'd say

• Advertisement

Three episodes in and this is great fun and Sly is so good in the role.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,060 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Tulsa King Renewed for Season 2 After Driving Record Paramount+ Sign-Ups

Man this show is so much fun and after this weeks episode I think Sly has to be in the running for at the very least Emmy & Golden Globe nominations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,051 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Yes I'm loving it, the weekly wait is killing me though 😁

Yup, pretty much. It's a lot of fun.

Damn that was one hell of an ending this week.

Sh1t is about get serious.

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,267 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

I'm really enjoying this. It's a hoot.

M

Signed up to Paramount+, primarily for this and to start Yellowstone, first week I had it they followed the US and released it Sunday, this week it was Monday and looks like that from now on looking at the graphic on the main page, pisses me off. How hard would it be to follow Netflix and give shows to us same day. This type of incompetence leads people to look for it in deeper waters for it on Sunday, poor form.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

wow that Irish guy or attempted Irish accented guy is cartoonish. Stallone still carrying this show- Im not too interested in any of the other characters.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,732 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Jesus, the biker bosses accent had us hiding behind the couch with a severe case of cringe. He doesn't need violence, just needs to open his mouth and people would run away screaming!

Enjoying the show, but some terrible (type)casting. The mafia boss is the least convincing thug I've ever seen portrayed. His goons are like Fat Tony's business associates... 😁

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,540 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

It's good fun and the episodes tip along at a nice pace.

The biker gang leader accent is atrocious and not sure what the point of making him Irish is.

The actor playing him is English, thought he might have had a better grasp of the accent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Perhaps they should picked James Nesbitt for the role, or one of the Derry Girls? 🤣

They should have just hired Timothy V Murphy if they wanted a real hard man Irish actor he has been doing that role for years on US TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I agree that Waltrip, the biker gang leader is a bit of a grating point with that "Lucky Charms" accent, but thankfully the good of the other aspects of the show seems to more than compensate for me, and still find myself wanting to see more each week.

M

I see Channel 5 are showing episode 1 on Tuesday at 10pm, not sure if they are going to show the entire series or if they are just showing this as a teaser.

M

Good season finale, hopefully S2 is before year end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

I did not expect that ending, but I am sure Dwight has a plan. Good, straight up, no faffing about with the main storyline though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,155 ✭✭✭Sudden Valley

Glad to see there was a resolution to the Irish Biker gang storyline- the mob son continues to look very weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Entertaining episode, daft as usual but I don't mind that. "Chickie" looked older than he does today in the flashback to 1997.

Advertisement