Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Old title registration

• 16-06-2022 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

It'd come to light that there were some dodgy goings on in inheritance back in the 70s.

I'm trying to get a copy of title of the land and original property back in 70s, however for some reason title is only showing on land reg from 2000. Unusual as the original house was knocked in 80s and rebuilt with the current property.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Lenar3556

Depending on the area of the country you are in, registration on land registry only became mandatory during conveyances relatively recently.

The history you are looking for would likely require a search of the registry of deeds. There are firms who do this, but you would probably be best advised seeking advice on the matter from a solicitor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭katiek102010

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 27 John_100

what exactly is the issue..for..unless you think you have some "right" to some land.. somewhere..then it is irrelevant..

if the said land is now registered with the land registry..then i assume you already have a copy of the folio..as this only costs €5 to download from the landdirect website..

it is worth keeping in mind that the statue of limitations..which is usually 6 years for land transfers..is not always applicable..and..a court action can be brought to recover land that has been obtained by someone under "certain" circumstances..

however..in order to bring an action to recover land..one first has to have a possible right to the land in question..usually thru inheritance..

the facts surrounding the transfer of the land are crucial in determining if there is a possible action to recover..so..the registration of the land is just one fact..no doubt there will be many more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

The actual haose has nothing to do with land registey, it happens to be the place where you live within the property boundery.

Why do you think its dodgy?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭katiek102010

That particular part of the family have been up to stuff for years and done terrible stuff to my parents and my uncle.

My parents and uncle were all for keeping the peace but they have just done something else and a cousin and I have decided enough is enough.

We just what to say ye have done x and done y and now z. If you and the rest don't eff off now we will publicly out everything ye have done,

We live in a small rural village and that would absolutely humilate them.

Thank you

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 John_100

not sure what you mean..as "doing things to others" could well be a criminal issue

in relation to land..if you are asking how do you go about finding out who actually owns the land..it depends on when the land/property last changed hands..as if recently it will have to registered in the land registry..if not for a long time then there might be a record (memorial) in the registry of deeds in dublin..but many old properties will have no records of conveyance deals..

start by gathering any documents you can find in relation to the property..and if you want you can state what you find..if anything?

Advertisement