Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Acer Iconia

Options
  • 16-06-2022 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭

I found this tablet when I was cleaning out, this never really worked properly but has things like email etc loaded.

I want to dispose/donate this, how do I go about cleaning off all my a/c details etc. There doesn't seem to be access to windows.

Any direction on how to do this?

No more details on this but it was purchased c 2013

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Can you get to the "FACTORY RESET" option?

Tbh, a tablet from 2013 will be very poor in terms of technology, power etc. It would be little to no use for most people, might be one for WEEE recycling.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Where would I find the factory reset option? even if it ends up in Weee, it would still need this information taken off it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Can you power it up?

If so, go into SETTINGS, and there should be an option there to perform a factory reset. This will wipe it clean.

If the worst comes to it, take a hammer to it and chuck it in the bin. No environmentally friendly but if you that worried about someone getting your data off it, might be only option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,106 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Got the setting to work, Thanks for your help.

Advertisement