Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wayfair.ie - now with Irish delivery

• 16-06-2022 2:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Wayfair - the giant international online furniture company now have an Irish website.

www.wayfair.ie

Prices are very good - and they don't have a "paddy tax" in that prices are similar to the UK site and in many cases lower and free delivery on items over €40.

I got some large pieces of furniture. Ordered Sunday, delivered today and they gave a 2 hour delivery window too. (which was adhered to)

But what I really like is that the don't do pretend rrp's like EZ living/Harvey Norman/Michael Murphy (Michael Murphy now being the worst of them with everything 50% off some made up rrp) or the laughable "after event price" of the rip-off DFS.

I got wardrobes and beds. Really decent price (beds circa €300-€350, wardrobes €350/€400) and good quality. You can also see youtube videos of assembly. (That's for the weekend)

Definitely a 5 star experience.

and a bonus is that their European HQ has been in Galway for a few years and they employ over 600 people there. Also means that if you do have to talk to someone, you can chat about the weather in Galway :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭MaudL

Did you have to pay custom duty upon delivery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

How was your delivery experience? I ordered a bed from them, it's supposed to be delivered next wednesday, according to their tracker, but that doesn't give much more info.Do they tend to be correct in estimated dates? Who do they use as a courier ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

We ordered some bits recently and they came exactly when they said they would.

Advertisement