Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (Remake pt.2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I read that as you will be playing pocket jockey until the game arrives and thought huh, didn't hear it referred to that before but fair play man. Then remembered ye taking about that game on another thread.

Glorious

The story, the music, the graphics, man it's just incredible. Just like Remake, straight away or unleashes this nostalgic feeling wrapped in a new and shiny package.

Only downside for me so far is that the voices are getting drowned out by the music, need to check settings to see if i can fix that.

Also, i usually turn off vibration on games to save battery but from the first cutscene, i was like yep, it's staying on, just class.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

these are exactly the updates I want to see until I get my copy on Monday. You sir are a gentleman.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd be interested to know how you feel about it the further you get. I'm concerned if it wastes the players time as much as the first game does.

I'm playing KH chain of memories off and on at the moment and it feels very like remake with how it wastes your time until you get to a boss fight that's actually good fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

game isn't detecting I beat demo and making me replay that section 😠

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

It detected it for me but it detected it further into the mission than I thought it would. I still played through as I notice a small difference but not sure if I just missed it on my playthrough last night.

edit: no idea how to do a spoiler so won't mention it but to do with the piano.

Ok I will keep going so and see

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

I think I was half way up mt. nibel before it prompted to say "hey do you want to skip this?" not sure if you got that far yet.

They're was already a bit at the start where you have to lug around a big machine to clear mako gas to open an elevator. Straight away stood out to me "why is that even in there, just let me go up the elevator". But things like that won't bother me too much as I'm just completely under it's charming spell. Will see how the rest of the playthrough goes though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

Yeah, it says you can skip chapter 1 but really what it means is you can skip the middle part of it.

Which I found very annoying when I got up to try and get 30 mins in before heading to work this morning!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

You have to activate the bonuses on the menu screen. I was wondering where all this materia I was promised was for ages🤣

So far it's entirely up to the player how much time you waste 😄

You can go from point a to point b quest wise or spend a while exploring whatever you like really on the open world. I don't want to say too much yet though as I'm conscious it's literally only playable from today

ya it happened that way,not so bad I can get right into it now.

Found a massive game breaking bug. Once you start playing Queens Blood, you are unable to progress the main story because all you want to do is find QB cards and build your deck.

Post edited by Zero-Cool on

Addictive isn't it😂 Wait till you get to the

area outside Junon and the Fort Condor game quest. I don't want it to end!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I've had this too, have you found a solution?

It's rare that a game draws me in to this extent these days. It really captures the feel of the classic Final Fantasy games in a way that the recent entries haven't.

I love it. Since Gwent, I've been excited about any card mini game but none have lived up to the greatness of Gwent. Just having played all games in Kalm, I'm hooked. Also, i bought the 2 decks in Kalm as i learned my lesson from Gwent to buy any decks you come across and play everyone you meet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Just started this today. The main problem with the first instalment was the egregious amounts of padding. I’d have liked to have played through it more than once but any time I thought about doing that my brain just remembered The Drum segment in Hojo’s lab, and I can’t go through that again.

I’m hoping they’ve learnt from their mistakes somewhat and I’m only one hour in, but already I’ve had an annoying moment. I had to suck up mako gas by slowly pushing this huge hoover across the reactor floor. Just reminded me of that stupid mechanical hand part that they added in part 1. I’ve got a bad feeling…

That was really annoying doing that twice alright ( Hoovering up the mako ) .

Im on chapter 4 and like you padding drove me bananas last game near end of it but so far so good for me but Im afraid it might burn me later .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭McFly85

Loving it so far, but really all I’ve been doing is side quests and playing cards! The atmosphere, the music, the combat are all wonderful, just a great place to spend a few hours.

There is definitely still padding though, especially when it comes to progressing the story missions. They really like to drag these moments out far longer than needed, either with pointless busywork like mako hoovering, or forcing the player to walk interminably slowly. There’s also been a couple of instances of that thing I hate, where there’s a long cutscene followed by giving you back control to do nothing but walk down a hallway before another cutscene begins. Just have it be the one cutscene and give me control when you actually want me to play!

Really though it’s a minor thing, and with so much stuff to do, I can put up with a little padding here and there. Can’t wait to get back to it.

• Advertisement

What's best way play the og FF7 ? Steam ?

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭lordlame

5 hours in and at the swamp - haven’t even explored that much yet.

Really enjoying it at the moment, pacing about 90 mins a day - trying to avoid spoilers is difficult 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Wasn’t a fan of the start. Very slow and full of long walking

Now that I’m in grasslands with fast travel it’s got a lot better. Just over 6 hours into it and I’ve barely scratched the surface. Probably going to be a 80+ hours game for me

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

OG on steam with the 'Beacause' translation mod or other translation mod.

Don't go with any mods that supposedly make the graphics look better, they always look like ****, especially the models. I'm not sure if there's AI upscaled background mod but it's as far as I'd go for graphical improvement mods.

Thanks . Will give it a go . Steam deck job maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Speaking as someone who doesn't completely disagree with what johnny ultimate was saying about Remake the other day (its a game of high highs, but miserable lows, 7/10 for me), this game... it makes me feel a way about Final Fantasy I've not felt in about 20 years or so. I don't want to get too into it right now, but this game is what I imagined a 'Final Fantasy VII Remake' to be like, not the previous one. It is such an improvement.

As for pacing, well it's an adaptation of the middle 'fillery' bit, though it's also the best bit of FFVII which perfectly balances the first and third thirds of that game. So it's a bit meandering, but it's a very kinda joyful meander through the best parts of that game. Unlike Remake which had you swim through poo for 4 hours, and also lets not forget the sewers level. Rebirth is the first Final Fantasy to capture the texture of those 32 bit adventures, it's so complete and its progression systems interface with each other and the story in such fun ways. It even manages to make a Ubisoft template not feel miserable, a small miracle

Does look a bit **** at times though, in terms of lighting and resolution

I'm on chapter 8 btw

Game director says a patch is in the world to improve graphics in performance mode.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,454 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Out of curiosity, does the game start you at level one again or does it begin with your characters / materia at a particular level? I know there’s no save carryover or anything like that so just interested in how they manage internal ‘continuity’ between the two games.

I do recall a lot of the levelling was via weapons and the like in the last game but I believe they’ve stepped away from that to make swapping weapons less punitive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 859 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

You start at level 15 with low level materia. It's fine, I think, cause you have 5 party members with entirely new mechanics to figure out. There would be no real progression with its systems otherwise.

I guess on the way to Kalm they lost all their weapons somewhere along the line, RIP Hardedge

Advertisement