Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

App Credit card application (with balance transfer)

Options
  • 17-06-2022 10:38am

Hello,

I received a completion notification for level 2 (documents received) on the 8th of June. It's been stuck in Level 3 In Progress since 10.38 on the 10th of June (exactly a week ago 😀). How long does it take to move to level 4 (assumably Yes/No on acceptance) ?

I tried to call yesterday to get an update, but there was no obvious route to get to a person to discuss - I pressed a different number and a person put me through to what ended up being an automated response, but still not sure where I am in the process. I can PM my application reference if that'll help.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Jese09

The solution is to engage with the bank, they will have you complete a detailed financial form with all your incoming and outgoing. After this you will come to an agreement on a repayment plan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there.

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

Apologies for the delay. Our colleagues are currently dealing with a large volume of applications and once we have an update we will send you an email.

If you require a further update our Credit Card Sales team are available on 0818366100 between 9am to 5pm Monday-Friday.

Also, please use the following link below to track the application:

Can I check the progress of my Credit Card application? - Bank of Ireland Group Website

Thanks,

Declan

Ah, okay - such a wait is normal. Was wondering if it was stuck in electronic limbo. I do have access to the tracker. I'll give it a few more working days and if no update on the tracker I'll give the above number a call.

Thanks.

I'm going to ring the above number this morning. For something that's advertised as being possible to complete in 24 hrs, the below indicates something serious is wrong. At this stage I may wish to cancel (depends if I get through to a person and what they say) and go with PTSB. By any standards the below isn't acceptable as good practice.

• Date Submitted:
    • 01/06/2022 18:24

Stage 1

Application Received

Completed: 01/06/2022 18:24

Stage 2

Documentation

Completed: 08/06/2022 10:36

Stage 3

In Progress

Last Updated: 10/06/2022 10:38

Thank you for your recent credit card application. It's now with our Cards team and we'll be in touch if we need any more information.

Stage 4

Details Pending

EDIT, the above was going reasonably well. I submitted the required info, and initially what I sent as part of the documentation process wasn't accepted, so that delayed it initially, but there was at least some communication. The documentation I initially sent in was accepted eventually. And then we progressed to stage 3 on the 10th of June...

• Advertisement

Hi there.

Apologies for the delay with this. Our colleagues are currently working through a large volume of applications.

If you require a further update our Credit Card Sales team are available on 0818366100 between 9am to 5pm Monday-Friday and we can take a look at your application from there.

Thanks,

Declan

Thanks Declan, it's the open ended, may be weeks more or months uncertainty that's a killer.

Cheers

S

Hello Declan,

I tried calling and there was no option that suited. On this basis I'm going to move on. I've no other way to contact BOI. I'm going to PM you my CC reference, can you please forward to a relevant person to cancel my CC application. The PTSB application is a phone process (I actually prefer the automated, if it only worked) where I'll get to talk to a person once this is cancelled.

Thanks

Sorry to hear this.

We have replied to your private message.

Thanks,

Declan

• Registered Users Posts: 3 natipado

I really think the solution is to engage with the bank...

• Advertisement

Thanks Natipado, I'll keep that in mind 😉 *hope I'm not replying to a bot 😃

Thanks Declan, all sorted with the phone call. 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 39 TuamJ

Sorted canceled or sorted you got an update on the status of the application? Have a relative also waiting a long time on an Aercard application and wondering if you found a phone call helpful in getting an update? Think they'll need to cancel by Friday if they don't get approved as they're off on holiday in early July and need a credit card.

Sorted, approved. I don't know how long more it would have taken if I didn't get through to someone. It was a 5 figure transfer from one card to another, that probably held it up with underwriting.

If you phone the automated person says, 'if a recent application please wait...' that's subjective, and on the basis of the time passed since I first applied I thought it acceptable to follow through and ask to talk to someone. The person I got through to was lovely - gawd, I do miss decent customer support!

Advertisement