Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Stuttering"

• 17-06-2022 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭

Hi All,

Bit of an odd (and extremely minor) issue that I cant seem to fix. Video (mainly streaming) stutters at random intervals (approx once an hour) for less than half a second and then continues to play. I'm fairly computer literate but cannot seem to fix the issue and cant determine the root cause. Would anyone have any ideas?

For reference:

Dell Inspiron 15 7000

HD IPS Display running on i7 8th Gen Intel

Nvidia Graphics Card

Windows 10

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,670 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nowso

seems like you have something running that might slow it down , open task manager and process manager and see if you can spot anything

unlikely to be a power saving option in the integrated graphics or simular

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭retroactive

The plot thickens: With task manager, the CPU is only hitting 4% and the GPU is hovering around the same.

Memory is 76% though with everything except Chrome being normal. Looks like Chrome might be the culprit but there are only 5 tab open.

Is this some sort of malware or can i make an adjustment to Chrome to resolve?

chrome does use a lot of memory . maybe cut down on open tabs as 75 is a lot , if your looking at keeping the laptop add a bit more memory

go into start up apps and stop any apps you dont need from running at start up

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭retroactive

Thanks Nowso. It's not just skipping out.

I feel they might be two different problems thought. Malware?

download malwarebytes and run a scan if you think that .

more likely memory or power

• Advertisement

you could spend 50 hours looking and not find what is going on here

it it's streaming possible connection error also

it sounds pretty minor tbh and not worth worrying too much about tbh

if it's also happening to offline / local video try potplayer (free) and let it install the latest video codecs after the main install

Yes Ive Used Potplayer for years when recording live video so its a good option to play video outside of the browser

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Have you tried a wired internet connection?

Advertisement