Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

@annaspora and Ten of Swords using this message board for their activism

Options
  • 18-06-2022 2:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭

I'm bringing to your attention two thread opened by @annaspora in the LGBT forum, presumably under some idea the LGBT forum would protect them from scrutiny, a safe place for activism.

First the JK Rowling thread. This thread is out and out activism. What's to discuss? Anna knows full well the discussion of JK Rowling was shut down in CA. Why is it they think they can open a topic on the same person that was shut down on another forum.

Then a thread that documents hate crime against lgbt people, where Anna was the first to report on a false claim of a homophobic incident as reported by GNC.ie, where as you may know was proven to be a false claim of a homophobic attack.

Ten didn't delete that post, but happily finds any excuse to delete mine.

Anna is clearly using this message board for their activism and has no interest in discussing anything. That can't stand.

Now the more serious part of this dispute.

At ever turn, in every thread mod @Ten of Swords has silently in the background supported Annas threads and posts, and not only that has a record of shutting down LGBT threads, and deleting posts he doesn't himself like etc.

For example and not only:

In the LGBT JK Rowling thread, first of all - he permitted this thread in the first place. That thread was outrageous and should not have been permitted by any mod.

He shut down the Gender Identity thread for no good reason whatsoever.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058132572/gender-identity-in-modern-ireland-mod-warnings-and-threadbanned-users-in-op/p1

He shut down a thread I opened in the LGBT for no good reason. By no measure was that a done subject afaic. That's why I opened a variation of it in CA. And it still isn't done either btw.

At every turn when I've contradicted Anna on the LGBT forum Ten of Swords has deleted my my posts either in a sweep cull or one with a warning accusing me or trolling.

On incident in particular was in Anna's JK thread where @Bannasidhe used the thread to make the claim that "Butch lesbians are being attacked in women's restrooms because women are mistaking them for transgender men", due to the trans debates. I wrote a post ridiculing that claim and Ten of Swords culled that response, presumably under the diktat that one 'can't deny one's experiences'.

Ten forgot to delete the quote of my post though, so here it is. https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/118993550/#Comment_118993550

Now back to Anna, here is a sample of some of the comments Anna made at me in their JK thread, that did not receive an inline mod warning from TEN.

Accusing me of all sorts basically.

Currently Anna is engaging in their activism via trolling the below thread, by calling everyone and anyone a phobe of one sort of another.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058250248/dublin-pride-ends-media-partnership-with-rte-over-livelines-gender-identity-discussion#latest

Not once has Ten or any other mod pulled Anna up on it, so far as I'm aware.

I'm not gong to be fobbed of by any 'please report these at the time' types of responses.

And I will particularly say that I'm sick and tired of mods deleting my posts, especially one's related to LGBT issues. It has come to such a pass that I right click on my browser and save as a pdf my posts that I suspect might be deleted by TEN, so I can recall what I said. What a state of affairs that is.

This has to be sorted once and for all.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

This forum is for disputing formal warnings and forum bans

You can discuss this issue with the mod via PM. If not satisfied you can approach a CMod with your complaint

And yes - please report any posts you have an issue with. never start a thread complaining about anything on this site without attempting to resolve via PM it with the relevant mods and/or CMods first

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement