Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crazy Hotel Prices Even Outside Dublin

Options
  • 18-06-2022 9:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,473 ✭✭✭

I m trying to book a hotel for a sat night in the Midlands, I don't often have reason to be in this area and don't know it well.I have extended my search to Offaly,Laois,even Kildare,Meath and Wicklow ( which aren't Midlands but would do for what we need it for)

Can't get anything decent for less than about €300,that's mental,it's for a sat night in June. On booking..com for example there's nothing for sat week in the whole town of tullamore,I never knew it was such a tourist hotspot! (I know there is a minor semi final on that day in o Connor park)

I've read articles about crazy hotel prices and people getting outraged,I don't bother with the outrage as its a simple demand and supply issue.Also the fact that they can't get staff and the cost of everything is gone up,all these things are passed on to the consumer which I understand.

Anyway if anyone can recommend a hotel in the Midlands or anywhere within 90 mins of Dublin I'd be very grateful,thanks for reading.

Advertisement