Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unintelligible Bank Statement Transaction Details

Options
  • 19-06-2022 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have had to use a lot of detective work to decipher UK transactions on my bank statements because of the lack of detail provided by Bank of Ireland. Typically I see entries like “P1650GBP115.97@1.17832” which do not identify the payee/vendor. (I can identify the foreign currency amount and exchange rate part). A similar problem is that I live in a town where many vendor names begin with the name of the town but because the transaction entries are truncated on the statement it makes it impossible to know from the statement which vendor in the town the money was spent with. I have multiple transactions like this every month and I often don’t get the chance to reconcile my statements for several weeks making it virtually impossible to recall which vendor the transaction was with. Would appreciate advice on potential practical solutions. Also keen to know whether there are alternative banks (Revolution, AIB, etc., etc.,) that provide full details of transactions that address these problems.

Comments

Advertisement