Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One off DD over the phone from credit union to bank????

• 19-06-2022 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Asking this now as I need to have required paper/docs' and id's before morning as i will only be able to do this by phone and don't have internet on it at the moment

I have the credit union account number, the bank account details, my own details. Plus the 2 accounts are linked so what else will be needed in order to do it over the phone???

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,866 ✭✭✭Spocker

What are you trying to do? Setup a Direct Debit on your Credit Union account to make a scheduled (loan?) payment from your bank or something else?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Citrus_8

DD is usually meant to use for recurrent payments, similar to SO. You most likely just want to make a once off bank transfer using a phone banking? Not sure if your CU prove such service, likely that you'll need to visit a branch if you don't want/can't use an online banking at this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Donnie2022

Sorry meant just one off payment from credit union to bank. Shouldn't have said DD.

Yeah just work schedule doesn't suit with branch opening times, so thats why I was trying to do it over the phone.

They have all the details on the 2 accounts in question. Just don't know if their systems and security are set up for it which is why I was asking

Hard to tell as each CU can be slightly different in services they provide. If they do have a banking by phone, they would ask the regular GDPR questions and just have a receiver's name & IBAN handy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

What do you mean by "asking GDPR" questions. What has GDPR got to do with making a transfer?

OP it really depends on the CU and its unlikely unless you know them very well.

One option you could suggest is to put it in writing what you want done, sign it and pop it into the letterbox. Or even email a photo of the signed instruction by email as I suspect that they will need some form of written instruction.

• Advertisement

By saying GDPR questions I meant your personal information, let say, your name, address, some other details possibly - to verify they are talking to the right person in order to take money from one account and transfer to another. What does it have to do with GDPR? Everything. Just because someone claims on the phone being you, it doesn't mean that they are you. That's why security questions and personal information questions are for.

Advertisement