Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart DNS query

• 19-06-2022 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭

Hi

I've getflix and it was working for bbc iplayer for years ok

Iplayer now works on one TV and my phone but not the main tv (samsung)

If I change the samsung tv settings to be my phone hotspot, all fine

However, if I change back to wired or wireless through the deco, with the dns entry updated, will not work on the TV. I get to the programme menu in iplayer, but I get the spinning wheel, error code 02053

Yet exact same settings work fine on the LG tv

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,894 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I have noticed that it's throwing up issues for me on Prime, but on iPlayer and ITV hub it's working ok for me across 3 Nvidia shield and 1 LG TV.

My only advice given the steps you've already tried is to check your dashboard settings and that you have slow DNS lookup enabled. That sorted a similar issue I was having a few months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Hi, thanks for the reply, where would I enable this?

It's weird. If I set the tv to pick up dns automatically, iplayer doesn't load. Then when I manually set the TV to 54.72.70.84, iplayer loads perfectly. But when you select the programme, it doesn't load "something went wrong". It's like it forgets the 54 dns when you try to load a programme

But put the tv on the phones hotspot, all good

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭gabbo is coming

Saw some stuff online. Apparently the tp link have Google dns servers hardcover in their firmware. Dopes

Advertisement