Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My broadband cable got damaged

Options
  • 19-06-2022 11:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

An oil lorry drove into it .

I still have the connection but I had to hoist the cable onto an adjacent flat roof as it was lying on the ground.

So very secure now but I am wondering who I should contact to get it properly repaired since the tension has gone out of it and some of the holding clips on the wall have given way.

I remember it was Eir who installed it but my provider is Lightnet.

Should I contact Eir?

Should I expect a charge?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭afatbollix

Eir looks after the infrastructure of most of the network. So they would be a good place to start. One way to know is if its a normal phone line into your broadband box? Then Eir sells on the use of the network to Lightnet.

If it's Eir they are responsible for all the street right up to your master socket. So you won't have to pay. You can ring them on 1901 to log the fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,531 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Contact your retail provider, they will in turn contact the wholesale provider.

You cannot contact open-eir directly as they only deal with retail providers. Eir 1901 is just another retail provider that you don't have a contract with.

Post edited by The Cush on

Advertisement