Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Query re New Moorings in Cork Harbour

• 20-06-2022 8:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hello all,

Can anyone recommend someone to lay a mooring for me in Cork Harbour please? Im mostly flexible on location but would prefer Monkstown(ish) area.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,760 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Would you need to seek permission to lay a mooring in a harbour as big as Cork?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 196 ✭✭ferg01

I have to caveat my response by saying that I don’t really know but it would appear so from the info at the link below.

I have seen them check the moorings in Drakes Pool from time to time too.

https://www.portofcork.ie/index.cfm/page/procedure_to_apply_for_a_moori

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Daibheid

If you don't register it you'll lose it. I passed them -chart in hand checking and lifting unregistered moorings along Monkstown a couple of years ago. Rightly so as some chancers have dropped moorings impinging on safe swing distance from existing registered moorings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 192 ✭✭Jim from Cork

I forget to stop by this forum when checking the angling!

Yes, you need permission from the Port of Cork before you sink your mooring. They will advise and will also give you a number (I think they no provide a number plate nowadays). Un registered moorings are lifted on a regular basis (There are conspiracy theories... ;) )

Ciaran Monks is a good guy to contact about placing a mooring or diving to check a mooring. If you cannot find contact details via FB etc. PM me and I'll give you his number.

Thanks folks, all helpful stuff. 👍🏻

• Advertisement

Just to come back on this. I spoke to someone in the Port of Cork today. He was very helpful. It’s a straightforward process whereby after the online application is made, PoC come back with suggested locations. Then it’s a case of finding someone to drop the mooring. Total 2-3 weeks or so.

Advertisement