Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roads thread

Options
  • 20-06-2022 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,782 ✭✭✭

Nicked from cycling forum, thought it might be a good idea to share some of their posts here

Posted by Mercian Pro

Looks like Wicklow Co Co have placed a few road resurfacing contracts lately. The west side of Slieve Maan has a lot of loose stone on it and work is about to start on adding surface dressing (stones to you and me) to the lovely smooth sections of the Military Road between Sally Gap and Glenmacnass.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭goblin59

just read the cycling forum post there.

This looks like a regular bit of work done up there, so hopefully they won't decide that loose stone / gravel will be better year round to deal with rain and crap on the road.

For the new riders on here, don't use your front brakes when on gravel up there, you'll cause the front of the bike to skid out, engine braking is the best bet with a small bit of rear braking. I actually don't mind riding gravel, its mud I hate

Advertisement