Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I had a mid life crisis and bought an 1988 E30 BMW 320i

• 20-06-2022 10:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 293 ✭✭

Well I have been on the look out and finally found something I felt I could work on. I came across this car on Donedeal in October 2021

Originally from Germany the one previous owner emigrated to South Africa before returning back to Germany. I think it has being lying in a barn of the last number of years.

some before pictures

first up a good wash

then a fuel basic service

The fuel tank was shocking so I actually sent it off to get a new one fitted along with a new timing belt, this is the only work not done by me.

The dash needed is service interval batteries changed and a couple of damages resistors

The car was still running rough so I changed out the fuel pump, air flow meter and cleaned the injectors

cleaned injectors with new pintails and o rings

Car was still running rough so I did the coil, distributor cap and rotor and leads. As you can see they were in a shocking condition and WOW what a difference the car now runs as good as the day it came out if the factory.

next up sort out the rear brakes slight imbalance, cylinders, drums shoes and springs done.

next up swap out the cracked dash and wire for the radio (there was never one in the car)

fogs installed

Currently colour coding the bumpers and wing mirrors, and I want to get the front seats reupholstered (any tips I will get this done by a pro)

T.B.C

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

That looks brilliant. Well done 👍

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,007 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

I've **** all interest in cars but I read that whole post and think it's brilliant.

Maith thú.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭Masala

Chapeau to you man...... credit where it is due! Hope it brings years of happiness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Nice car.

You'll never lose money on a good E30 and that looks like a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭KaneToad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Whatwicklow

Well done, looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭asdfg87

I have one of these in great condition, think of selling due to space. Any interest here? Op I know a person down country who may do seats but you will needdo all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Casper197821

Got yourself a lovely motor now! looking real nice, wheels are perfect👍️

Advertisement