Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Deed Poll Process] Looking for people with personal experience.

Options
  • 21-06-2022 12:08pm

Hi all,

Back in mid January I attempted to enrol a Deed Poll to get rid of one of my surnames. I have a double barreled surname legally, although I've never used it. By the end of January I got a reply from the Deed Poll Section pointing out a number of errors I made. I started the process again on the 8th of this month and had all relevant documentation sent off two days after, making sure I addressed all errors pointed out to me beforehand.

I called the number for queries just before 11 and was told to send them an email. One has to wonder why the number is there in the first place, but I digress.

Has anyone gone through the process before and know how long it takes roughly?

Regards

Advertisement