Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kriss Defiance DMK22

Options
  • 21-06-2022 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭

Anyone using a Kriss Defiance DMK22?

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Got one in my hands a while ago to compare it to a 15-22.

Had some nice features, last round bolt hold open(but only with their mags, can accept others like the 15-22s but without the LRBHO).

Correct sized upper and lower, and both are aluminium.

Not sure why they went with the 10/22 barrels in a sleeve, if it was to facilitate swapping them out then that doesn't really work as you need to modify a new 10/22 barrel to fit, and at that point(cost wise for the sleeve and the 22 barrel) why not just use an AR-15 barrel chambered in 22?

Not a fan of the proprietary buffer tube either.

For the money, I'd opt for a proper AR-15 chambered in 22, or spend less on a 15-22 and spend the remainder on mags and ammo :-P

Interesting product, but just struck me as a quite overpriced and a bit overhyped in a very competitive section of the market(22lr AR-15s).

Did shoot well though, and it does outclass several others in that segment(the Umarex AR-15s in 22 which don't have a LRBHO, proprietary parts, etc), so it is far from the worst choice.

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Thanks for detailed response - appreciated.

Did you see in in a dealers? (If you don’t mind me asking).

“For the money, I'd opt for a proper AR-15 chambered in 22” - are you thinking Lantac etc.?

Can’t like the 15/22. Feels wrong in the hand (like a toy) but very reliable by all accounts and good value (compared to alternatives).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 1,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭otmmyboy2

Happy to help. ;-)

It was actually in a shop in France when I was there on holiday, with a range underneath, nice setup I must say.

A Lantac would certainly be an option, but not the only one, Cotswold Classic Arms make dedicated 22lr AR-15s too, several manufacturers do actually but most are in the UK because of their laws and burgeoning mini rifle competitions. There are others harder to come by too like the dedicated CMMG uppers or complete rifles.

Then in the "looks like" category if you want a LRBHO then you have the Tippmann Arms 22lr clone and similar, which are less expensive(~€800 on the continent, can sometimes be found cheaper) than the Kriss but offer the same benefits(LRBHO, AR controls, aluminium receiver, etc) but for less money.

Understand on the 15-22, I do love mine but in the future I will likely go down the dedicated AR-15 in 22lr route(but likely keeping my 15-22 still), though for the money the 15-22 holds the top spot, and can be improved(well, weighted :-P ) to feel like a normal AR or less toy feeling.

Just the handguard replaced with an aluminium one and the buffer tube filled with lead shot(or similar) to your preference in weight can certainly help, but you will still have the weight in an odd place so yeah, it isn't a perfect solution to getting the right feel.

Never forget, the end goal is zero firearms of any type.

S.I. No. 187/1972 - Firearms (Temporary Custody) Order - Firearms seized

S.I. No. 21/2008 - Firearms (Restricted Firearms and Ammunition) Order 2008 - Firearm types restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2009 - Firearms banned & grandfathered

S.I. No. 420/2019 - Magazine ban, ammo storage & transport restricted

Criminal Justice (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 2023 - 2023 Firearm Ban (retroactive to 8 years prior)

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Thanks again.

Tippman is also on the radar.

Similar money to Kriss as far as I can see (in the UK).

There is a dealer in NI with Kriss in stock (last time I checked).

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭kellbag91

I can vouch for the hammerli tac r1 being a decent rifle. But I'll definitely be changing it for a proper ar 15 22lr. Just not the real deal when it comes to ars, more like an airsoft feel to it.

Any dealers down here stock the kriss dmk22?

Post edited by kellbag91 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭breakemall

I saw a used Anshutz MSR in CillDara Fieldsports last week, seemed in good condition and was well priced compared to what I paid for mine when new. Maybe not as sexy as an AR, but if you want a cheap plinker (loves CCI standards) with excellent accuracy then well worth consideration. As a clone of the FN SCAR it does have a "look" if that is what you want, but without the optional extras of the AR.

Advertisement