Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NewHolland TS,TL,L

Options
  • 21-06-2022 5:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Well lads,

Were currently looking for an upgrade and I have been keen on the idea of a NewHolland, Around the 90-110Hp Range.

Can anyone explain to me the difference from the likes of the TS,TL & L Models? Because To me they all look the same apart from The L Model being a fiat-newholland.

Would they be reliable tractors for general yard work. moving bales or turning hay. (We have two main tractors for bigger work) Just looking for a 4cyl for smaller jobs.

Would these tractors be fit for a front loader also?

Thanks.

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭funkey_monkey

Don't know a lot about them, but is the TS not a heavier/stronger machine than the TL? If it's primarily for loader work you may want one with a clutchless shuttle - not sure what transmission that comes under???

Not sure if I've ever seen a L-Series here. They should be well able for a loader. There is a TS-A too.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭farmertipp

ts is developed from ford 40 series. tl is developed from old fiat 90 series. both good tractors and also good loader tractors for there size.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Grueller

Just to add, the L series were a terracotta new holland that was all fiat based and was the forerunner to the TL series.

The fiat 94 series, L series and TL series share a manual transmission, engine (iveco) and backend. All really good tractors.

I have a TL90 here with a quicke q920 loader on her. She is 01 with a manual shuttle. She handles about 350 bales every winter and a 65 acre pit with a 4' shear grab. Never needed a rear weight even to handle them. She is a dinger of a tractor but if buying one hold out for an electrical shuttle as the manual shuttle will use up clutches on the loader, as will any manual shuttle tractor loader combo. They are really gutsy for their size. I have pulled 20 silage bales behind ours on an 8 mile draw and she gets a bit bouncy on the road but handles it no bother. I can't speak for the TS series as I only drove one for a short period.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭Jim Simmental

Did you ever work/use a double silage bale handler with your TL ?

No. I never draw bales any other way than a bale trailer. Mine has an assister ram on the lift so I have no doubt she'd handle two.

• Advertisement

Thanks G

was just going to ask if they have an assistor ram.

second hand tractor seems to have gone even more in the last few weeks

Not all do have the assister ram. Mine has and a creeper gear as well. She was used on a planter in a coillte nursery so needed the creeper gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Darren456

Yeah I had a look at Both a TS100A & TS110A And they seem a more refined cab alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭Thekeencyclist

TS90 here with a Quicke Loader on it, stacks a few hundred bales a year and used then for feeding all winter. Nice handy yard tractor as they are a 4 cylinder (as are the TS100 and TS110). Never any issues with a bale on the front but if ever in doubt i'd put a bale on the back as well (better safe than sorry!!) Had the tractor now about 10 years and no issues with it at all, very reliable. I have heard that the TL's have a slightly lighter back end.....

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭rs8

Both the ts and tl ranges are generally reliable. There getting the years on them now and might be hard to get a reasonable condition one with low hours thats genuine. For me the tl range was more attractive with the fiat background. Would you consider the newer tl range thats number'd in the 50s range? Think you can get that size tractor with 120 hp (5070). Compact 4 cylinder that still has the pony's if called to the bigger jobs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Darren456

I had a look there and the 5070 Seems to be the newer tsa in a way. Although for the price point I dont think its really worth it. I was originally looking at the older TS100's and noticed that the TSA's werent a whole pile more expensive and for what you seem to get getting I thought it would be a better deal.

T5070 would be a newer version TL/TLA

The T6.120 would be the replacement for the TS100A/TS110A

I think the powerstar engines in the TS series are well regarded.

not sure if the engines in ‘A’ series were as well regarded

Advertisement