Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Entered debit card pin number incorrectly 3 times at POS

Options
  • 21-06-2022 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭

Hi All As above I had a brain freeze moment and entered the wrong number for the BOI debit card 3 times in a row. Card was declined and I paid with a different bank card. Unsure if this results in the BOI card being locked ? Have tried 365 but there is no info there re card / incorrect pin. Can’t find an appropriate number to ring either. Can anyone let me know what I need to do to be able to use the card again. I don’t want to try the ATM incase it swallows the card and we have to organise a new one. Tks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,019 ✭✭✭Firblog

With Ulsterbank you had to go to their ATM and insert & unlock your card there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi there.

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

Please follow these steps:

• Go to a cash machine.
    • Select PIN/Other services
    • Select unlock PIN

Your PIN should now be unlocked. You can also go to other services and change pin if you wish to change it.

If you face any further issues our colleagues can be contacted in customer service on 0818365365 between 9am to 5pm Mon-Fri.

Thanks,

Declan

Advertisement