Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Valencia Marathon 2022

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,017 ✭✭✭Itziger

Fairly comprehensive Last Minute booklet (83 pages!!) there folks. Lots of ads, tbf!

https://valenciaciudaddelrunning.com/revistas/42Kultimasinstrucciones/40/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 606 ✭✭✭echancrure

Amazing organisation...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,677 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

I can't find any mention in that of mile markers. I presume it's marked in kms only. The weather looks reasonable anyway for Sunday.

Ain't no miles on the continent, Bluesy. 😅

Weather, fingers crossed, looks perfect. There have been fairly warm years and last year was windy. Let's see.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭Trampas

The weather looks ideal. I had that down for an excuse 😂

Hopefully plane is quiet going over so I can just choose any random seat and not the crap random seat Ryanair will assign to me as other day the fight out was still €30 so tells me the plane isn’t bursting at the seems.

Can they make sure there’s a lift at the plane to take me off on Sunday night?

Just give Mick O Leary a buzz there, you should be grand.

Bit late for a Target Time kinda thing, but here's me. Echancure has done his too, tbf.

PB: 2:57:36 Valencia 2019

Since then I have had a longish layoff and a couple of attempts at comebacks. This has been by far the most successful but no real training plan, no quality sessions. Just tried to build a base and get the kms on the long run up to somewhere decent. Managed that. Did a Half a few months ago, and was happy with 1.38 and change.

Target: 3.29.xx

Safe travels to all and hopefully bump into a couple of ye in Tyris on Tap in the evening for a bit of $hite talk and a glass of beer.

Sitting in the airport atm having a pint while waiting on my flight.

This will be my second marathon after DCM '19. Came in @ 3:48 that day after hitting the wall at mile 22 or thereabouts.

The target for Valencia is 3:25 or under. Training has gone well, I think, and I'll be lining up with very minor niggles. I'm feeling reasonably confident while simultaneously bricking it 😄

Hopefully I'll be in fit enough state to down a few beers in Tyris on Tap and exchange war stories on Sunday 👍

I’m staying near colon metro stop. I presume l loads of pizza options around there.

My goal is 3.0x but if I do a sub 3.13.4x I won’t complain I promise.

Like all marathons it’s all on the day and just cause it feels fine after 10km doesn’t mean put the hammer down. I’m just hoping I get into a nice tempo and stay at that pace and nothing to break the stride. I did Rotterdam back in 2014 and I was clipping of kms to the same second for a bunch of them. Just cruising along. I’d take that again

• Advertisement

@DeepBlue What's the morning temp feel like then? Seems quite cool, no? How about the breeze and so on.......

Btw, this is the state weather forecast I believe. Looks absolutely ideal..... as I think it was Trampas said, There goes that excuse anyway!

https://www.aemet.es/es/eltiempo/prediccion/municipios/valencia-id46250

Yes, quite cool. About 10 or 11 degrees. No breeze to speak of. I'm still starting with a singlet - be bold, start cold and all that 😀 No doubt we'll be warm enough soon enough.

Yes, here, there now. The weather feels perfect if it stays the same. Singlet for sure.

Is it gloves weather? I hate cold hands

Should I put an old black sack in the bag for hanging around the start?

Yes I hate cold weather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭4Ad

You should bring the bag, better to be looking at it than for it...and buy cheap gloves (in the Spanish version of Pennys) you can throw them away at an aid station when you warm up.

Enjoy the race everyone..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,445 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Is it ok to throw away hoodies at the start? Probably gonna avoid the bag drop and just bring gels and phone in a flip belt.

I’ve loads of pairs of cheap pennies gloves. Might even bring one of my snoods to keep the head warm

Trampas, you'll only need those for the hanging around and max first 5kms. Yes, you can ditch a top before the start. They say they'll donate to homeless/shelters/charities.

Good luck all. Enjoy the day..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭py

Best of luck everyone 💪

• Advertisement

Pints?

Corcaigh, will you be around a bit later? Say 6 or thereabouts. In a little place called Tyris on Tap, just past the Central Market. Google map it. I think a few of the lads said they'd drop in. I have lunch now then might try to kip for a small while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Wottle

Sinead Diver with an Australian record 2:21:34

Anyone else showing incorrect finish time. I also have no chip reading until 25k?

Something off happening with it alright. They added an extra 30 mins or so to my finish time.

Hoping to alright! I'll send you on my number, I won't know anybody there to see.

3:12:19 today for me. 96 second pb. Enjoy it. steady pacing all the way. Fighting around 27-28km. Looking for that turn. Also wherever the wall thing was. Apart from that I clipping out the kms. Started at back of pink wave so gave myself plenty of room. Rookie mistake was expo and bag drop. I know better for next time. Definitely less walkers than Dublin. I found my position like wtf compared to Dublin. In airport now waiting for flight. Thanks for your advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

She's amazing and inspirational.....Great story behind her.

I feel weird all week with night sweats, back pains, bad sleep and stiff legs.

My legs seized up after 4 miles, so I had a long run-walk day.

Finished in 3:56, my worst marathon experience ever; there was nothing I could do on the day.

• Advertisement

50 second PB for me and my first negative split ever. Enjoyed every step, fantastic event. Now no more marathons for me till next year 😅

Advertisement