Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Employee vs director - Insurance/Brexit issue

Options
  • 22-06-2022 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭

I have a part time job seperate to my main job. The company is UK based and because of Brexit, their insurance will no longer cover an Irish resident employee. At present I get paid per day and claim mileage from them. They want me to setup my own company in order to get insurance and they will pay the policy.

I am guessing if I now invoice them for a days work, all the current tax free mileage expenses I currently get, would be classed as income and taxed heavily? I wouldn't really have any expenses to write off against tax.

Seperately, if anyone knows how to solve the insurance/brexit issue that would be much easier.

Advertisement