Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pushback against Leftism

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Exactly.

The line has been crossed. It's advisable for gays and lesbians to distance themselves from this because people are pushing back hard on trans demands

• Registered Users Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭Shoog

Are they ??? Where's your evidence of a mass movement pushing back hard ?

You've both done a great job at illustrating my point. A largely uncontroversial ad in Norway outrages people in Ireland. You'd think Santa Baby etc wasn't sexualizing Santa. 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 7,283 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Strange thread. i think Leitrim is a great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dorothylives

I think you've inadvertently undermined the point you were trying to make. I won't even bother to debate it with you because there's nothing to debate. A harmless Christmas song versus Santa grooming a child and you can't see the difference. Ironically, the Norwegian company that paid for that didn't see it either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,433 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Anyone else keep mis-reading the thread title as "The Pushback against Leitrim" ?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

So gay and lesbian people should stay out of it yet cis people can comment whatever they like instead of just leaving trans people alone?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭gerogerigegege

the NGO's are the danger. Theyre full with extreme left wing swivel eyed loons. The government rely on them for info.

it splits up society. the governments are only laughing at us fighting amongst ourselves. They are the responsible ones. Make them all know you hold THEM responsible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭20Cent

Santa is married to Mrs. Clause so he was already sexualized.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,730 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

Glazers Out!

He married a woman so it shows he's heterosexual.

He's also fictional so there's that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

I live next to it - so I can reassure you it does exist.

I'll be deep in the cold, cold ground before I recognise Leitrim.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,730 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

This is just more of the usual Leitrim-phobic rhetoric that sad men post from their mothers spare bedrooms in Longford.

Glazers Out!

How about trans leaving kids alone? trans leaving women sports alone?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Ah ok so cis people should be sticking their nose in but the gays and lesbians can't?

That was the point of my post, do you think the gays and lesbians have no business in the discussion?

'what about trans leaving kids alone' - the same right-wing fearmongering talking point that was once said about the gays and how they will destroy children. Guess what? It never happened. Step out into the real world and you'll see it's not happening here either.

• Advertisement

Whereas, I'm reminded of your claim of well-funded far-right organisations imported from abroad to encourage anti-Trans sentiments..

Just as I'm reminded that Psychology wasn't considered a reliable science, nor were the social sciences, and yet, they've become accepted within society, without any dramatic increase in reliability of the research or techniques involved.

It's interesting that you would see one conspiracy about far-right groups being involved in Trans issues, but ignore the agenda to promote Trans beliefs in psychology, and society...

Did Santa groom Mrs. Clause every year of her childhood at Christmas? Making Santa gay as an attempt to outdo other woke ads was cynical enough. Making Santa a gay predator who grooms children is sick. If you can't see how an ad with a sex predator Santa is a bad thing then I can't help you.

How about conservatives accepting people for what they are - sort of respecting their personal liberty thing. Now that would be real novel.

Psychology is a evidence based discipline where treatments are derived from statistical analysis of the evidence. Its actually more reliable than most of the macro economic models we slavishly adhere to in the economic discipline (economics is politics). Like all sciences it evolves with the evidence - but the important point is it helps millions of people to lead happier and more forfilling lives. I will take that over trans-prejudice any day of the week.

Never heard of the ad you are talking about, just looked it up.

No kids in it.

Are one of those people who believe others can be turned gay and it's a choice?

That by acknowledging trans people exist then it will turn people trans?

Could explain a lot.

No issue with accepting personal liberty

issues are: schools teaching kids about questioning their gender, putting children on puberty blockers, allowing trans in women sports, forcing people to use nonsense pronounces, just to name a few.

Lots of trans also don't agree with the above demands

Most of us don't have a problem with people living their lives however they please. We do draw that line at indoctrination of vulnerable children and the attempt to write women out of the equation so as not to upset the feelings of people born with penises. Now, I've no issue with anyone who believes that they were born as the wrong sex. What I do have a very big problem with is the likes of that person from TENI calling for me and all other women, who don't feel comfortable with sharing female only spaces with men, who are very obviously men, to be harassed and bullied and terrorised.

I think he should have been arrested and charged with calling for women to be 'smashed out of existence'. What you're really calling for is people to shut up and put up with the makey uppy pseudoscience being peddled as reality. Oops, I just realised that I referred to the man as he and not she, so I'm probably going to get a warning for that.

Here is a brilliant analysis of whats really going on with conservatives and trans issues:

"Conservatives have had a difficult time adjusting to the evolution of our society into one where LGBT+ people are not just permitted, but are allowed to live openly, freely, and are supported after centuries of persecution. Relatively speaking, this evolution has come fast,… really fast. As one conservative individual told me directly, “this is jarring for us. We feel like we went from a society where men were men and women were women and anything other than heterosexual normalcy was kept quiet and out-of-sight,… to a society where you can define your own gender and gay marriage is openly celebrated. Now, anyone who simply doesn’t agree is verbally attacked.” This explains why conservatives, as of now, are hostile to the transgender community.

For the most part, when you speak to conservatives one-on-one and *not* online, they’ll tell you that they don’t really care about this issue to begin with and that they know they’ll eventually lose. Such has been my experience, as I often speak to conservatives in person, without the “internet fog of war”. As the same conservative I mentioned earlier told me, “This will end up like gay marriage - we’ll resist and challenge it, but all we’ll do is slow the process down, and that’s fine. We’re still giving people time to really think about it and discuss this issue.”

Bathroom bills? Honestly, who is really going to enforce them? Even conservatives privately admit that these laws are impossible to enforce, especially with fully-transitioned individuals.

Gender affirmation care for minors? Conservatives never cite actual empirical evidence against allowing parents and adolescents, with the agreement of their doctors, to make private consensual medical decisions authorizing hormone treatment. These laws will likely be overturned by the court, allowing conservatives a face-saving excuse vis a vis “activist judges”.

Transgender sports participation? Again, it’s already happening and not one conservative I’ve encountered has been able to cite an example wherein a cisgender athlete was disadvantaged by a transgender athlete. All that conservatives have managed to provide is mere supposition. Moreover, sports federations themselves have determined appropriate standards of post-transition stabilization for transgender athletes to begin competing in their chosen gender category.

“Don’t say gay” bills? These are acts of desperation by conservatives. Most of these laws are so over-broad that they will likely be struck down on the basis that they are infringing upon individuals’ First Amendment or Fourteenth Amendment rights, since the law could be used to punish any teacher who simply acknowledges having a same-sex spouse.

In closing, the fact that conservatives have been pushed back to fighting on such desperate margins of the whole LGBT+ (especially the T) battlefield shows that they know their fight against the community is on its last legs. The reality is that this has nothing to do with principle for conservative politicians. Rather, this is about 1) saving face in the conservative machismo culture by not “giving in”, 2) filling the coffers of lobbying groups like the FRC, and 3) maintaining a conservative shibboleth that keeps the dwindling population of right-wing christians on board as a reliable voting block. The passage of time will allow conservative politicians to quietly abandon the issue without losing face, while people like Brian Brown and Tony Perkins will eventually find new sources of income and influence. The passage of time will also eventually erode the demographic power of the christian right wing, and likely they of their own accord will cease caring about this issue.

Conservatives are slow to evolve. In time, they will cease to care."

In conclusion, when the right loses on this issue, as they did on homosexuality in general - they will deny that they ever had a problem with trans people.

Are they really teaching kids to question their gender identity or just acknowledging that trans people exist.

Children on puberty blockers is extremely rare and under medical supervision.

Trans women in sports, they're women so why shouldn't they be. A tiny minority anyway.

Pronouns, no one forcing you to use them, easy to avoid using pronouns just use their names for example. Also it's basic common decency to respect how someone wants to be addressed.

Like I said make a mountain out of a molehill because the right have nothing else to offer.

• Advertisement

Have you ever shared a changing room with a trans person?

Did you even notice?

More chance of being hit by a meteor, I'd say the it's been blown out of all proportion.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement