Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Pushback against Leftism

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Shoog

There are no studies which show an increase in suicide post transitioning.

Your assertion about high rates of regret post transitioning (at worst 11%) shows your are not arguing from an honest position.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,938 ✭✭✭20Cent

Have you been writing to your TD's to have the 2015 act repealed?

Seems like a lot of trouble to go through to flash someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,939 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

So you don’t feel limited or controlled when asked to address people by titles then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

You are probably trolling at this point but I'll try anyway...

1. None of the links I posted suggests an increase in suicide after transitioning, read again. They suggest no significant improvement in the suicide rate after transitioning. As in, things don't get better. The treatment does not cure the issue
    2. 11% rate of people transitioning back is a bloody high percentage, defenitely not a tiny one! That's 1 in 10 women who probably had their breasts removed who will regret that for the rest of their lives. In fact it's the most worrying stats of all so far and one that should have you thinking instead of defending the treatment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

Who is flashing anyone? The trans person may be genuine but that doesn't take away from the risk that adolescent girls off swimming for the day might see a biological male with a penis in their dressing room.

You are still avoiding and deflecting, it really is quite simple, you made a statement that trans woman are woman and should be allowed to use women's dressing rooms. I asked a simple question and you refuse to answer it.

Here is another question for you to deflect and avoid answering on the subject, what would stop a pervert with insidious intentions and a life long ambition to get into women's dressing rooms from declaring himself a woman and gaining access to female dressing rooms?

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Mic 1972

Read the links I posted, you are late to the discussion with your little meme. Plenty of evidence has been posted suggesting that the "treatment" does not help and also 1 in 10 eventually transitions back

What if the trans man had a penis after surgery? What would parents of adolescent girls etc etc…

This is getting complicated now ha ha. A trans man with a new penis would be in the male dressing room right? I guess if the surgery was done to a high standard no one would know. Not sure what adolescent girls have to do with that one. They would be in the other dressing room right?

To answer your question, nothing. That's been the case since 2015.

Is it a problem? Never heard of it happening.

To answer my question, should the trans man with a beard and hairy chest go into the women's changing room then?

• Advertisement

Not according to your approach. He’d have to stay in the female changing room, flashing his new penis around at all the women.

Are you saying that we need an Inspector outside changing rooms to see if the new penis is nice enough quality wise to go into the mens?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

So then their wages aren’t high enough, or we’ve no need for them and they need to diversify. Also, we’ve a massive labour market to look for workers within the EU.

Nothing? Thats not an answer, I'll ask it again you seem to be a little slow. How do you think the parents of an adolescent girl would feel knowing that a biological male with a penis was in the same dressing room as their daughter? I'm not following your answer, are you saying they would feel nothing?

I can tell you how I would feel if that helps, and I'd wager most fathers like me with teenage daughters would not be one bit comfortable with a biological male with a penis changing in the same room as my daughters.

Does this trans man with a beard and a hairy chest have a penis?

So what do you do at the moment?

If it's such a worry to you, do you check the genitals of everyone going in?

How about we simplify it, people with a penis in one room and people without a penis in the other. Whatever it takes so my daughter does not have to see any penises when she goes to her changing rooms.

Again deflecting and avoiding. It's like taking to a goldfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

There is no leftism here. We have capitalists disguising themselves as progressives by pushing subjects that seem (and are) egalitarian, liberal and modern. But strangely enough all of the pushed topics have a number of things in common. They make one look good/progressive, they help profitability and they cost nothing. And they provide a great smokescreen for not dealing with issues that arise from making everything subject to profitability/profiteering. "What you mean you can't find a place to live and the cost of everything and rising poverty? You ungrateful git. Aren't we the good guys? Don't we have 50% women in the cabinet and don't we let the gays get married and aren't we being nice to the poor fugitives?"

Now don't get me wrong I have no problem with women's and lbgt rights/equality and diversity/anti-racism and the rest of it (well, except for that gender-bla). All good stuff and should be a given. But don't confuse it with leftism.

And this smokescreen thing works really well, too. The ones who think of themselves as progressive support the capitalists and think they invented being nice to others. Aren't they great? They even invented a new word for it like as if no one ever thought of the concept of egalitarianism before them. The left is almost non-existent but gets blamed for everything. Especially by the conservatives. See OP. And the big things don't change a bit. Money still goes from the bottom to the top. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. A tiny minority has all the power and the rest can go to work and shut up. Bingo.

So you want all the hermaphrodites flashing their vaginas around my sons’ changing rooms? Are you crazy?

How do you plan to enforce your rules? Who’s going to inspect?

What problem are your new roles going to solve? Have your daughters encountered many penises in changing rooms since self id was brought in?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Who’ll enforce it? The Gardai. Man enters woman’s changing room. Man exposes penis. Woman informs owners. Owners contact police. Police arrest man for indecent exposure. Man get put on sex offenders register. Same as if I walked down the street with my cock out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭dorothylives

It's OK, you just have to tell her that some ladies have penises and some don't. Forget that it's absurd and biologically impossible, unless someone is a hermaphrodite. You have to remember that a biological female now has fewer rights than a biological male who claims to identify as female. That's where we are now folks. Biological females are supposed to shut up and put up with this stuff. So if your daughter isn't comfortable with the strange man in the changing room just tell her not to stare at that ladies penis.

We're meant to know our place and our place is secondary in our own spaces to trans people. Again, as the Community spokesperson or whatever their job description is, tweeted last week, TERFS, or as I prefer to think of myself, a woman who is not comfortable sharing an intimate female space with men that I don't know, are to be bullied and terrorised into silence and 'smashed out of existence'. I still can't believe that they got away with that. That bastard should have been fired for that. If an ordinary person in a position to influence people had tweeted that about trans people there would have been absolute uproar, and rightly so. What a time to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Ireland. But I think what I said goes for most of the western world.

It's a false equivalence, and a common "gotcha moment" in these discussions. Society has traditional social norms in segregating the two sexes when it comes to dressing rooms and toilets. Part of that is the perception of safety. It doesn't matter if Transwomen have used such places in the past or not. A Transwoman retains the bone/muscle density of a man, regardless of what they change. That affects their position in society, just as it does with men. Most men accept that it's inappropriate for a man to enter such safe places for women, and are also aware enough to know/accept the reasons for it. It's worth remembering that male toilets aren't social venues.. men do their business and leave, rarely stopping for a chat for long. Women, on the other hand, will often have long chats, do their makeup, etc in the toilets/changing room, which men have no interest in doing. That also changes the dynamic regarding these safe spaces because the amount time spent there, and the reasons to be there are different.

A Transman with a penis is a man in terms of having a penis. A Transwoman is a man in terms of having the physical strength that very few women can compete with. It's really that simple.. and Trans advocates will seek to make it complicated, but it's not.

The whole argument by Trans advocates online is to confuse and tie people in knots.. rather than deal with the realities involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭BruteStock

Don't be fooled by the slur "TERF" either. It's just a term they coined to shame women into silence. Adelle was called a terf when she claimed to be a proud woman at the recent gender nutural Brit awards

Do you at least agree with the principle that penises should never be present in girl's changing rooms?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭cezanne

They are not penisis they are gross digfugurations and to be honest showing them would be like showing post war vicious trauma scars. Have a look on 4 chan and see some of the disfugurements no trans person would allow them to be viewed. In my opinion all penisis should be together and unless they " lose the cock, boys " to quote Ricky Gervais then its ok cos they cant do much damage with the gaping hole they try to call vaginas you could store exrtra luggage in them if you had to fly ryan air. I mean it have a look at the results of surgery ....thats why so many dont have it and perhaps they are too cowardly. ! IMHO

Post edited by olestoepoke on

It's a very bizarre form of "argument", one not worth the name, that says just because a violation hasn't taken place (which we have to take on faith), a rule or law isn't needed to begin with.

But as the examples you've cited show, there have been violations - in fact, quite a lot of them - and so additional measures are needed to protect people against this kind of behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,960 ✭✭✭Shoog

Violations take place everyday of the week, and violations by trans are a small proportion of them. So why the focus on trans when male hetro violance is the real crisis.

It's not about the reality of sexual violance, it's about creating a stick to beat up people who are different to the norm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,010 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

The raped in a bathroom by a trans person is an extremely bizarre one alright.

Unfortunately the reality is most sexual assaults and rapes are carried out by someone the victim knows, partner, relative, "leader" in the community or an authoritative figure, etc.

The narrative that bathrooms are completely unsafe spaces and hots spots for sexual assault and rapes is bogeyman stuff.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement