Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sick courgettes - should I terminate?

Options
  • 23-06-2022 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,483 ✭✭✭✭

Two courgettes I have are showing peculiar leaf coloration. I'm not sure if it's 'cucumber blight', and I don't have a whole lot of courgettes going, though the others I have going are doing just fine. Could this be blight? The seeds came from Lidl I think, or maybe some I saved from an odd squash that I got at a grocery, the squash was an attractive red color and tasty. The courgette with the bigger leaves came from Lidl and the smaller one is the red one, which may be a winter squash.

My other courgettes are fine and some have small fruit already on them. They are planted similarly - eggshells to slow down the slugs, in a bed that's got a lot of organic matter including seaweed. I've grown them this way for several years, this is the first time they've had this yellow leaf thing. The bigger courgette is as far along as its healthier peers except no fruit or sign of flowers yet.

Bigger:

Smaller:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭The Continental Op

I think so? Looks a little bit like CMV (Cucumber/Courgette Mosaic Virus). Try googling for pictures of same.

Wake me up when it's all over.

Advertisement