Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lidl Delicat B cucumbers

Options
  • 23-06-2022 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

Has anyone grown these?

I started off a few indoors, the first in a hanging basket, then planted several a few weeks later at ground level.

The basket was producing well, but the cucumbers are now very bitter. They have all been watered and fed and I removed all the male flowers I could find, although I guess I miss a few as there is never a shortage.

The basket contents have met the compost heap today, is it worth keeping the ground planted ones as I am overcrowded and was thinking of stripping them out and putting the peppers I have growing outside indoors.

Feeding and watering has been regular, there has been no overfeeding or drying out, although as there is a basket involved I was a trifle generous with tomato feed and the odd few pinches of fish, blood & bone.

SK

Advertisement